GTA V Stuttering after ~10 min of gameplay

Rijunas

I don't think it's a GPU issue, because I know a lot of people who own the exact same GPU as I do, and they don't have any issues whatsoever... I think it's because my hard drive has two partitions, and that somehow instabilezes the usage of paging files.... Although I'm not sure about anything, but I think this is a problem with my HDD, or more specifically it's configuration

Roger, I just figured I'd toss it out there.

Give this a shot to hopefully improve HDD usage to not go to 100%.

Gave it a shot. It looks like it made my PC a little faster, but didn't fix the issue with GTA V... I also noticed some textures loading slow on GTA... I don't have a clue, why does this happen on my system, while even on much lower end PC's GTA 5 works flawlessly...

Check your ram usage , alot of people i know have issues with GTA 5 on 8gb's of ram , i did aswell but only when i was trying to stream to twitch

i keep telling people 16gb's isnt enough anymore ..... 

My Pc Specs

CPU : AMD FX-8350 @stock w/Noctua NH D-14   Mobo: Asus M5A99FX    Ram : 16gb Corsair XMS3 @1600mhz    GPU : Gigabyte GTX970 Windforce OC 4GB @1429mhz   SSD: Sandisk X110 256gb    Case: Be Quiet Silent Base 800 Windowed  PSU: EVGA 850w g2  Peripherals : Corsair K70 w/Red Switches , Logitech G502 , Samsung SyncMaster S22B300 (1920x1080) , Ttesports Shock one headset , Phone : HTC one A9

Check your ram usage , alot of people i know have issues with GTA 5 on 8gb's of ram , i did aswell but only when i was trying to stream to twitch

i keep telling people 16gb's isnt enough anymore ..... 

My ram usage is about 5 - 6 gb, but my video ram usage even on lowest settings and resolution tends to slowly build up to like 3.2 gb when i start driving even though gta 5 estimates that it should only use like 1 or 2 gb of vram...

And also, I know a lot of people who run gta 5 with the same amount of ram as I do, and even with lower specs withount any lagspikes after some gameplay...

My ram usage is about 5 - 6 gb, but my video ram usage even on lowest settings and resolution tends to slowly build up to like 3.2 gb when i start driving even though gta 5 estimates that it should only use like 1 or 2 gb of vram...

And also, I know a lot of people who run gta 5 with the same amount of ram as I do, and even with lower specs withount any lagspikes after some gameplay...

thats just gta , gta will use as much Vram as it can , whats your cpu usage in game ? watch your cpu usage , if you have a lag spike look at your cpu usage and see if its at 100% 

if the cpu hits 100% at the same time as a lag spike then you know its the cpu

My Pc Specs

CPU : AMD FX-8350 @stock w/Noctua NH D-14   Mobo: Asus M5A99FX    Ram : 16gb Corsair XMS3 @1600mhz    GPU : Gigabyte GTX970 Windforce OC 4GB @1429mhz   SSD: Sandisk X110 256gb    Case: Be Quiet Silent Base 800 Windowed  PSU: EVGA 850w g2  Peripherals : Corsair K70 w/Red Switches , Logitech G502 , Samsung SyncMaster S22B300 (1920x1080) , Ttesports Shock one headset , Phone : HTC one A9

Here's a photo of my pagefile settings: http://prntscr.com/9mqwct

look for the refresh rate setting. Make sure it's 60hz, but that should already be done. What are your temps? I heard that the old haswell series is hot

thats just gta , gta will use as much Vram as it can , whats your cpu usage in game ? watch your cpu usage , if you have a lag spike look at your cpu usage and see if its at 100% 

if the cpu hits 100% at the same time as a lag spike then you know its the cpu

Well the interesting thing is that whenever I have a lagspike, both my GPU usage and CPU usage drops for a moment, but my HDD usage gets very high, sometimes even to 100%... However I have those spikes even if HDD usage reaches like 50% or so...

look for the refresh rate setting. Make sure it's 60hz, but that should already be done. What are your temps? I heard that the old haswell series is hot

My max cpu temperature is about 73 C and my max GPU temperature is around 66 C

• 8 months later...

I have an Aspire V3-471g (a great laptop which is kinda under the requirements but can play to about 30-40fps on lowest settings) and had the same problem with you guys. i heard on steam forums that unparking the cpu helps. and borderless mode also prevents the memory leak. so here is what i tried:

Unparking: FAILED

Borderless: CRASHES

Did a parody of the Xbox 360 towel trick: ALSO DOES NOTHING

Overclocking Graphics Card: HELPS A BIT

Set the game in Realtime: EVEN MORE GLITCHY SOUNDS AND STUTTERS UNLESS I DO THE ABOVE OPTION

NOT OVERCLOCKING THE CPU RIGHT NOW

ALSO THE LAPTOP IS THE SOMETHINGMAKK MODEL SO IT DOESNT HAVE THE I5

Edited by MasterCrkza

Guys! I found a Solution to end this Lag hell once and for all!

Simple!

Spoiler

Just use DirectX 10 and Hi Quality Textures

If you don't utnderstand:

DirectX version :10

Texture Quality HIgh

in the settings.

Don't worry it will lag your PC. I Even tried it. Decreases some FPS. but Worth it!

Edited by MasterCrkza
Additional Info

• 3 years later...
On 1/17/2016 at 6:12 PM, Rijunas said:

I don't think it's a GPU issue, because I know a lot of people who own the exact same GPU as I do, and they don't have any issues whatsoever... I think it's because my hard drive has two partitions, and that somehow instabilezes the usage of paging files.... Although I'm not sure about anything, but I think this is a problem with my HDD, or more specifically it's configuration

No. I'm having this problem for 1 year now.

I have: 

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700HQ (2.60Ghz without oc)
GPU1 (which runs the games): nVidia GeForce GTX 960M 4GB GDDR5
GPU2 (which runs the system [Win10 64x]): Intel HD Graphics 530
RAM: 2x4GB DDR3 1600Mhz
SSHD: 1TB 5400RPM
Display: 3840x2160px, but I run most of the games on 1920x1080, such as GTAV. By default after the game checked my system, it was on 2048x1152, with Very High settings, but I changed it to 1920x1080 Med-High settings.

But your, or more like our.. problem is the RAM. For sure. After RAM Usage reaching 100% it goes for the Disk Usage and maxes that out too. This was my experience. I installed MSI Afterburner to monitor my RAM, GPU and CPU, but there is no sign of overhating, only my RAM goes wild and it's going up and up and up and up, and it won't stop until reaching my max RAM installed.