Win10 CD Update

koji
Go to solution Solved by koji,

No one is responding.. Nvm. I'll just try it to find out. If it fails maybe i'll do something else.

I do have the ISO of Win10 in my CD that I downloaded using Microsoft Media Creation tool. I used this before to clean install or reinstall Win10 on my PC.

Now my friend wants to update his Win7 to Win10. Updating it automatically will of course honor his license key but he cannot update it automatically because of the very slow internet connection.

Is it possible to use this CD to update Win7 to Win10 and still maintain the Windows License key? How?

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X | MOBO: Gigabyte B550 Vision D | RAM: Crucial Ballistix RGB 32GB 3600MHz | GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision D | PSU: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 750W

No one is responding.. Nvm. I'll just try it to find out. If it fails maybe i'll do something else.

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X | MOBO: Gigabyte B550 Vision D | RAM: Crucial Ballistix RGB 32GB 3600MHz | GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision D | PSU: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 750W

10/10 would forum again?

"Physics is like sex: sure, it may give some practical results, but that's not why we do it." Richard Fynman