First Boot - PC Turns Off

Zangoose

Hi all,

I'm wondering if you can help me in getting this slight problem that I have with my Custom Built PC. I recently upgraded the motherboard, CPU and ram (full specs below) and since then when I boot it up for the first time in the day, it will turn it self on and then will shortly turn off before fully loading into the Windows OS. Some times I get a BSOD, others I don't. If I then switch it back on for the 2nd time, it will boot up with no problems. Into Windows and I can then be on that PC all day long, running anything I want with no issue at all.

My problem only occurs on the initial boot of the day - It seems to occur after X amount of time of not being turned on. As when I do get into Windows the 2nd time round and turn it off via Windows. Then turn it back on, it will work no problem.

PC Specifications:

Intel i7 6700K at 4GHz
Gigabyte Z170XP-SLI Motherboard
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo CPU Cooler
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB DDR4 Ram
EVGA GeForce GTX 770 Classified ACX 4GB
Sandisk 960GB SSD (Boot Drive)
Sandisk 120GB SSD
3x 1TB Hard Drives
1x 500GB Hard Drive
Corsair RM650X 650W PSU
Windows 10 64 Bit

Overclock - No, standard stock speed the CPU came in.

BIOS Version - F5

I have uploaded the minidumps and also the performance report that is mentioned in the "BSOD Posting Instructions" and that can be downloaded from here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/pmgbhaz9gzsjtz4/BSOD_Dumps.rar?dl=0 and https://www.dropbox.com/s/gmsukvqr3wenv8x/Report.html?dl=0

Also, yesterday evening when I came home from work I managed to get a video recording of what happens on the first boot. I apologise for the bad lighting and also recording it the "incorrect" way. Hopefully it helps:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZD266jp4Hkk

Any help on getting this resolved is very much appreciated!

I have the same issue. Still not resolved but I read an article on Tom's Hardware ( suggested the PSU may be the issue or the Ram. 

Have we got anything similar in hardware? I have tried a different PSU but the problem still occurs. I did run a memtest as well but that didn't come up with any errors for the ram so I'm not sure hmm.

Have we got anything similar in hardware? I have tried a different PSU but the problem still occurs. I did run a memtest as well but that didn't come up with any errors for the ram so I'm not sure hmm.

Sorry mate, but my system has entirely different hardware to yours.

My Specs:

• CPU
    Intel 5820k OC'd to 4.5ghz
  • Motherboard
    Asus X99-a
  • RAM
    16 G.Skill Ripjaws 4 2400 mhz
  • GPU
    Msi GTX 980
  • Case
    Cooler Master CM Storm
  • Storage
    3TB WD Black edition, 250 gb Samsung Evo
  • PSU
    Cooler master V1000
  • Display(s)
    Benq XL2730Z
  • Cooling
    Corsair Hydro H75
  • Keyboard
    Logitech MX800 Wireless Performance Keyboard
  • Mouse
    Logitech MX800 Wireless Performance Mouse
  • Sound
    Logitech Z506 5.1 channel surround sound
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

Hi all,

I'm wondering if you can help me in getting this slight problem that I have with my Custom Built PC. I recently upgraded the motherboard, CPU and ram (full specs below) and since then when I boot it up for the first time in the day, it will turn it self on and then will shortly turn off before fully loading into the Windows OS. Some times I get a BSOD, others I don't. If I then switch it back on for the 2nd time, it will boot up with no problems. Into Windows and I can then be on that PC all day long, running anything I want with no issue at all.

My problem only occurs on the initial boot of the day - It seems to occur after X amount of time of not being turned on. As when I do get into Windows the 2nd time round and turn it off via Windows. Then turn it back on, it will work no problem.

PC Specifications:

Overclock - No, standard stock speed the CPU came in.

BIOS Version - F5

I have uploaded the minidumps and also the performance report that is mentioned in the "BSOD Posting Instructions" and that can be downloaded from here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/pmgbhaz9gzsjtz4/BSOD_Dumps.rar?dl=0 and https://www.dropbox.com/s/gmsukvqr3wenv8x/Report.html?dl=0

Also, yesterday evening when I came home from work I managed to get a video recording of what happens on the first boot. I apologise for the bad lighting and also recording it the "incorrect" way. Hopefully it helps:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZD266jp4Hkk

Any help on getting this resolved is very much appreciated!

Update BIOS on z170. That can fix a lot of issues. Were the BSODs memory managment errors? 

I also have what sounds like the same issue (still unresolved). It started happening after I added more RAM of a slightly different type.  First boot from cold will BSOD during windows boot, then it auto-reboots and comes up perfectly and works perfectly.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

I also have what sounds like the same issue (still unresolved). It started happening after I added more RAM of a slightly different type.  First boot from cold will BSOD during windows boot, then it auto-reboots and comes up perfectly and works perfectly.

Run memtest 

Run memtest 

the memory is actually fine though, believe me, I've stressed/used it enough to know (btw, that problem was my first post, so yeah it's been a while) :)

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Update BIOS on z170. That can fix a lot of issues. Were the BSODs memory managment errors? 

I don't remember seeing anything about memory on the BSOD messages - I have added the dumps in the first post on dropbox if they are any help to you. I believe I'm on the latest BIOS version for the motherboard which is: F5. There is a beta version of: F6e though?

Edit: If you want to see what I could see in bluescreenview then here you go;

cLjdjTo.png

I don't remember seeing anything about memory on the BSOD messages - I have added the dumps in the first post on dropbox if they are any help to you. I believe I'm on the latest BIOS version for the motherboard which is: F5. There is a beta version of: F6e though?

Edit: If you want to see what I could see in bluescreenview then here you go;

cLjdjTo.png

Hmm, I think you should try and run memtest and see if any errors occur 

Hmm, I think you should try and run memtest and see if any errors occur 

My friend suggested that during the Christmas break and I did do a memtest and it all came back passing with flying colours. I can give it another a go and see if the results are any different this time.

Looks like this is mostly caused by software issues, could you not try reinstalling windows.

Spoiler

My Rig {TEAM RED} --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CPU: AMD Ryzen 2700X GPU: Powercolor Red Dragon RX590 8GB PSU: Novatech Powerstation V2 500w Semi Modular 

Mobo: Asus ROG Strix B450-F Gaming RAM: Adata XPG 16GB 3000mhz Storage: Sandisk Ultra 120GB SSD + 1 WD 1TB Blues

Case: Corsair Carbide Spec 05   Cooling:  AMD Raith Spectre RGB  Monitor:  Benq XL2420Z

Keyboard: Logitech G810 Orion SPECTRUM  Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus SPECTRUM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looks like this is mostly caused by software issues, could you not try reinstalling windows.

I can give it a go for sure - Can I just ask where you are getting the indication that it is more caused by software over hardware? Cheers

I can give it a go for sure - Can I just ask where you are getting the indication that it is more caused by software over hardware? Cheers

I had a look at your minidump screenshot and those exceptions would normally be caused by your installation files. I would run  check disk command on your system drive to also check for corrupt files, as this is likely to have caused the first crash:

ref http://www.howtogeek.com/forum/topic/stop-0x0000003d-interrupt_exception_not_handled

But there are alot of errors that I haven't come across before, so it's a case of trial and error I'm afraid.

I hope this helps, if you need anything more please send me a message.

Spoiler

My Rig {TEAM RED} --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CPU: AMD Ryzen 2700X GPU: Powercolor Red Dragon RX590 8GB PSU: Novatech Powerstation V2 500w Semi Modular 

Mobo: Asus ROG Strix B450-F Gaming RAM: Adata XPG 16GB 3000mhz Storage: Sandisk Ultra 120GB SSD + 1 WD 1TB Blues

Case: Corsair Carbide Spec 05   Cooling:  AMD Raith Spectre RGB  Monitor:  Benq XL2420Z

Keyboard: Logitech G810 Orion SPECTRUM  Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus SPECTRUM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I usually tell people to avoid Windows reinstalls until every other option has been tested but in this case I think it's the best place to start.

The page_fault_in_non_paged_area BSOD is almost always caused by corrupt software. You say you've already tested your RAM and it passed (which is the second option for this error) so reinstalling Windows is the best way to eliminate software.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

I usually tell people to avoid Windows reinstalls until every other option has been tested but in this case I think it's the best place to start.

The page_fault_in_non_paged_area BSOD is almost always caused by corrupt software. You say you've already tested your RAM and it passed (which is the second option for this error) so reinstalling Windows is the best way to eliminate software.

Thanks for you reply - I will give a fresh install of Windows a go for sure and then go from there and keep this thread updated on the results.

On a side note, can I just thank everyone who has replied to this thread helping with the issue. I've posted this on other areas of the internet and I have to say so far this place has been the most helpful regarding it so thanks again and I will definitely have to stick around.

Thanks for you reply - I will give a fresh install of Windows a go for sure and then go from there and keep this thread updated on the results.

On a side note, can I just thank everyone who has replied to this thread helping with the issue. I've posted this on other areas of the internet and I have to say so far this place has been the most helpful regarding it so thanks again and I will definitely have to stick around.

Please do keep us updated.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Hi all,

I did a fresh install of Windows 10 and so far I have no problems with booting whatsoever. So it does seem that was the problem rather than any hardware failures. Thanks again for everyone who replied to the thread. If anything else does happen I shall let you know.

Hi all,

I still need your help - The actual issue has changed slightly but my PC still isn't 100%. I can boot the computer without it turning off but I am now getting BSODs.

It was mentioned on another forum about making sure you have the drivers from the motherboard website installed and the latest graphics driver - This has been done. I have checked all my hard drives, SSDS for any errors or anything like that and they have come back clean and the SSD is also on the latest firmeware it can have.

This morning, I woke up and turned on my PC - No BSOD and booted straight into Windows and thought great. Then I started using the PC, was watching a video on youtube. The firefox browser crashed - Okay it happens. Re-launched it, started watching the video again on youtube. BSOD, something about MEMORY_MANAGEMENT.

I have ran 3 memtests since posting this thread and it's not detected any errors. I have also used the Windows Memory Diagnostics Tool and that hasn't detected any problems either.

As always I have included the screenshot of the latest BSODs and you can get the dump files via dropbox here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9w0n7xdozzqor02/New-BSODs.zip?dl=0

This is the info from bluescreenview:

http://mattgarner.net/uploads/2016-01-09_11-00-18.png
http://mattgarner.net/uploads/2016-01-09_10-59-59.png

Your help on this will be very much appreciated.

Anyone got any ideas to the above? Just had another "MEMORY_MANAGEMENT" BSOD.

I'm not sure if it will work since all the problems are different due to different software, harware and configurations, but I'm running Windows 10 64bit aswell and did one thing I saw somewhere: 

(My native Windows is in Portuguese so these might not be really accurate...)

Go to the Control Panel -> Energy Options -> Chose what Power on/off switches do -> Change definitions that are currently unavailable (with the Administrator symbol) and in the botton, unselect that option that says something related to a Fast Boot. 

Now, I don't have that option now, I cannot see it and I do not know why, but I'm pretty sure that was it...