Run Virtual Machine or Dual Boot for editing on Windows?

So, I recently got into editing with my brother. I have my main desktop that I have and use 100% of the time right now for editing. The software we use is Edius, mainly because every other company we deal with uses Edius. If I'm away somewhere, I want to be able to use my laptop to edit. The extent of what I do right now is just cutting clips and just going through footage. I don't do any of the final editing and exporting, my brother does. Also nothing would be kept on the Virtual machine or Dual Boot, since everything would be done off of external Hard Drives.

Now the question. Should I dual boot Windows 7 x64 on my Macbook or could I run a Virtual Machine for it? The exact version of Edius we use is 6.01 and it's not very demanding. Pretty much everything we edit is shot at 1080p 30 or 60fps. My Macbook's specs are as follows. 

Mid 2012 15" Macbook Pro

2.3GHz Core i7 4 core

16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 512 MB

Samsung 850 Evo 500gb

Should mention, some of the guys we get hard drives from are only readable on Macs since they are formatted in Mac OS X extended, and the virtual machine offers the option of transferring files between windows and Mac.

CPU Core i5-4690k @ 4.2GHz Motherboard Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H-BK RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 16gb @ 1866MHz GPU Asus GTX 970 Strix Case Fractal Design R5 Titanium (Windowed) Storage 1 x 256gb ADATA SX900, 1 x 120gb Samsung 840 Evo, 1 x 1TB WD Blue PSU EVGA Supernova G2 750W Cooling Corsair H100i Monitor Asus VS239H-P

OS Windows 10 and 7 

Not sure if it has GPU acceleration but if it does you want bootcamp

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Not sure if it has GPU acceleration but if it does you want bootcamp

It does have GPU accelerated 3D transitions, but we don't even use those. Might as well just dual boot it. Thanks!

CPU Core i5-4690k @ 4.2GHz Motherboard Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H-BK RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 16gb @ 1866MHz GPU Asus GTX 970 Strix Case Fractal Design R5 Titanium (Windowed) Storage 1 x 256gb ADATA SX900, 1 x 120gb Samsung 840 Evo, 1 x 1TB WD Blue PSU EVGA Supernova G2 750W Cooling Corsair H100i Monitor Asus VS239H-P

OS Windows 10 and 7 

dual boot :D