broadwell-e upgrade?

would a 6 core broadwell cpu be any better then my i5 4670k for mostly gaming but i also encode video. my i5 took 1 hour 40 minutes to render a 2 second after effects clip. also is the asus A x99 a good mobo?

http://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/X99AUSB_31/ i cant really afford the rampage v extreme 

Edited by DominicNikon

Yes more cores will be highly beneficial encoding video. Get a good cooler and overclock the daylights out of it to get that high single core performance. But I don't know too much about that board, but I think Asus is a pretty trustworthy brand as LMG use it left and right 

CPU- Intel i7 4790k OC @ 4.6 ghz, RAM- EVGA 2x 8gb 2400mhz Graphics- Asus GTX 1070 OC

Yes more cores will be highly beneficial encoding video. Get a good cooler and overclock the daylights out of it to get that high single core performance. But I don't know too much about that board, but I think Asus is a pretty trustworthy brand as LMG use it left and right 

is there any other good boards from gigabyte evga or asus that arnt $500? also will my corsair h105 work with x 2011-3?

would a 6 core broadwell cpu be any better then my i5 4670k for mostly gaming but i also encode video. my i5 took 1 hour 40 minutes to render a 2 second after effects clip. also is the asus A x99 a good mobo?

http://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/X99AUSB_31/ i cant really afford the rampage v extreme 

That seems way too long for that too render a 2 second clip. My 8320 can render a 7 second video in like 12 seconds. You sure you didn't mess with the settings for the render?

That seems way too long for that too render a 2 second clip. My 8320 can render a 7 second video in like 12 seconds. You sure you didn't mess with the settings for the render?

yes i know what im doing. could it just be because i did 3d text and stuff?

yes i know what im doing. could it just be because i did 3d text and stuff?

If you could upload the file somewhere for DL I could give it a run with my system.

As for the board, any full ATX offering from GA/ASRock/MSI/ASUS is going to do just fine. The X99-A/3.1 is priced a little out of tune with the rest of the pack, but it is ASUS <_<

Top alternatives would be the SLI Plus (pretty much defacto budget X99 build suggestion), X99 Extreme 4/3.1 (but it's fugly IMO), and the X99 Gaming 7.

If you care about OCing the Cache on your new chip get a board with an OC socket, otherwise it doesn't really matter besides PCIe lane assignment if you're going to run SLI + an NVMe drive or other PCIe peripherals.

LanSyndicate Build | i5-6600k | ASRock OC Formula | G.Skill 3600MHz | Samsung 850 Evo | MSI R9-290X 8GB Alphacool Block | Enthoo Pro M | XTR Pro 750w | Custom Loop |

Daily | 5960X | X99 Sabertooth | G.Skill 3000MHz | 750 NVMe | 850 Evo | x2 WD Se 2TB | x2 Seagate 3TB | Sapphire R9-290X 8GB | Enthoo Primo | EVGA 1000G2 | Custom Loop |

Game Box | 4690K | Z97i-Plus | G.Skill 2400MHz | x2 840 Evo | GTX 970 shorty | Corsair 250D modded with H105 | EVGA 650w B2 |