Horrific Internet Problems

REX.exe

So I decided I'd pick up Fallout 4 and I was prepared to wait a while for it to finish at a (for me) solid 1.6mbps, which I know is slow but's above average for me.

So after a while (about 5gb in) my internet decides to shove a 40m long dildo up it's ass and now I'm experiencing speeds of <50kbps, at first it was going from 300kbps - 1mbps but now it's just fucked. \

I'm using a wireless netgear device. And the device software has this strange padlock between my PC and the modem.

post-202645-0-30763200-1451909703_thumb.

PLEASE HELP ME LORD JESUS

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate RAM: Kingston Fury White Series 8GB SSD: OCZ 100 ARC 240GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition Graphics Card: Powercolor PCS+ R9 390 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) Power Supply: EVGA G2 750W Monitor: LG 29UM67-P 29" 21:9 Freesync Sexiness Mouse: Razer Deathadder ChromKeyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2014 Headset: Turtle Beach Ear Force XP400

Who is your ISP? Have you tried resetting your router or modem? 

Edit: The padlock between your computer and the router indicates a secure wireless connection. It is a good sign, and not a bad one.

Who is your ISP? Have you tried resetting your router or modem? 

iiNet and I haven't yet so lemme give it a try

UPDATE: Restarting modem has accomplished nothing.

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate RAM: Kingston Fury White Series 8GB SSD: OCZ 100 ARC 240GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition Graphics Card: Powercolor PCS+ R9 390 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) Power Supply: EVGA G2 750W Monitor: LG 29UM67-P 29" 21:9 Freesync Sexiness Mouse: Razer Deathadder ChromKeyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2014 Headset: Turtle Beach Ear Force XP400

According to their awful website, you are provided with 100GB of bandwidth per month. Perhaps you've reached your ISP's monthly cap, and as such they are throttling your speed?

According to their awful website, you are provided with 100GB of bandwidth per month. Perhaps you've reached your ISP's monthly cap, and as such they are throttling your speed?

Actually my plan is 150GB of bandwidth and I'm currently sitting only just under 100GB, so bandwidth isnt the issue.

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

So after a while (about 5gb in) my internet decides to shove a 40m long dildo up it's ass 

:wub: