Acceptable temps..

I am curious to see what everyone considers acceptable temps under full load/stability testing when overclocking,.

I know Linus would say 24hrs prime blend, using almost all RAM, and for GPU's 24hrs of furmark. I would think that's a pretty good measure of stability.

In my opinion the MAX temp my CPU gets before I'll shut my PC down is about 80 °C

CPU: Intel i7 4790K @4.8GhZ  CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2  Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 UD3H  GPU: Asus ROG RX 480 8G OC Memory: 32GB Gskill Ares 2400Mhz  Storage: 2x Crucial M4 512GB SSD (raid0)  / 1TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA P2 750W  Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB (64 bit) Other: NZXT Hue+ LED Controller with 8 LED Strips for desk and PC lighting

About 80-85 Celsius is reasonable, anything over 90 is way to hot

Have to agree with you Jypp_.. everything above 85°C should be thrown into the dustbin

CPU: Intel i7 4790K @4.8GhZ  CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2  Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 UD3H  GPU: Asus ROG RX 480 8G OC Memory: 32GB Gskill Ares 2400Mhz  Storage: 2x Crucial M4 512GB SSD (raid0)  / 1TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA P2 750W  Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB (64 bit) Other: NZXT Hue+ LED Controller with 8 LED Strips for desk and PC lighting

It all depends on what your expected lifespan of the CPU is, 80-85C is probably fine for most users, it usually comes down to the fact that higher temperature is the result of increased voltage do to overclocking, increased voltage accelerates Electromigration and TDDB, which intern greatly reduces the life of the CPU. My General rule of thumb has always been for every 10C you increase a cpu die's temp above 70C you half its lifespan, a normal lifespan for a cpu can be considered about 15 Years.

I wouldn't be happy before my CPU at max had a load temp of 70, then i'd rather downvolt it a bit to reach some more acceptable temps.

MEH

~70C is max for me when stressing 24/7 clocks.

Intel i5 3570k | MSI GTX 670 Power Edition/OC SLI | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB | Fractal Design Newton R2 650W | NZXT Switch 810 SE Gun Metal | BenQ 24" XL2420T 120Hz | Corsair K90  | Logitech G500 / Logtitech Performance MX | Sennheiser PC 360 | Asus Xonar DGX | NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision 2 Wireless Kit

My acceptable temps are in the 70's anything more worries me and I would not condone using a system at 80C+.

My processor is a Phenom ii 550 Black Edition. The spec sheet says the max temp is 70c for that particular processor. The thing is... my cpu unlocks into a stable quad core, but when I do that, I'm inherently running a Phenom ii 955. A Phenom ii 955 has a max temp of 62c according to it's spec sheet.

I have no idea what's safe when I'm running with the two extra cores unlocked. Right now, my OC is small but stable. My cooling isn't anything special though (Corsair h50), and it sits right around 60c during a linpack stress test. I'm kinda scared to push the temps any higher, as I'm not planning to upgrade my cpu until the next gen of processors come out.

No guts, no glory I suppose.

I know Linus would say 24hrs prime blend, using almost all RAM, and for GPU's 24hrs of furmark. I would think that's a pretty good measure of stability.
that had nothing to do with the topic :P

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect. But actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff."

Dont understimate my skillsz, you might look foolish.

It really depends on the processor. intels are good up to 80-85 degrees (full load), and amd's up to 70. but with amd's, the ideal temp is about 63 degrees. between 63 and 70 degrees, the chip gets unstable very fast but it will not be damaged.

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect. But actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff."

Dont understimate my skillsz, you might look foolish.

While overclocking acceptable temps are 20C under the maximum operating temps of your CPU.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.