Mouse DPI

boba99999
Go to solution Solved by fire219,

Beyond a certain point, DPI doesn't matter, as you won't be using it anyway. And that point is lower than you think.

Personally I use the 2000dpi setting on my G400s (4000dpi sensor).

I'm looking to buy a new mouse and I saw that some mouse have higher DPI than others. I wanted to know that does the DPI of the mouse really matter in gaming? For example, Razer Mamba has a 16000 DPI, Logitech G302 has a 4000 DPI.

not really. generally higher dpi doesnt mean anything. 

but look for the sensors

the g502/g602 sensors and the finalmouse are great for gaming

Rigs I've Built

The Striker i5 4590 @ 3.7 ||  MSI GTX 980 Armor X2 || Corsair RMX 750 || Team Elite Plus 8 GB || Define S || MSI Z97S SLI Krait

The Office PC i3 4160 @ 3.6 || Intel 4600 || EVGA 500B || G.Skill 8 GB || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M Pro4

The Friend PC G3258 @ 4.3 || Sapphire R9 280X Tri-X || EVGA 600B || 8 GB Dell Ram || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M- iTX/ac

The Mom Gaming PC A10-7890K @ 4.4 || iGPU + ASUS R7 250 ||  8 GB Klevv DDR3-2800 Mhz

Beyond a certain point, DPI doesn't matter, as you won't be using it anyway. And that point is lower than you think.

Personally I use the 2000dpi setting on my G400s (4000dpi sensor).

The Cheap SFF Wonder -- Turning a Core 2 Duo SFF machine into a useful member of computer society!

i5 3570 -- AS.Rock Z77 Pro3 -- 12GB DDR3 -- R9 380X -- 840Evo 500GB/1TB HDD 

I speak the honest truth with a bit of snark mixed in. I'm sorry if it doesn't line up with your beliefs.

Linus made a video on tech quickie:

Basically in the video he talks about how some sensors at high dpis will have inaccuracy

Here's another video which compared a large amount of pro CSGO players:

He factored in players using their DPI and their in game sensitivity using a calculation the pro players used a max 4848 and the lowest was 32. Without the calculations just purely mouse dpi was a max of 2k from the list.

Well if you trust these two videos you could score a mouse such as the mamba and lower the dpi inside synapse (if you don't mind it) and work with it until you getc the dpi you are most comfortable with.

Edit:

If you're playing games such as CSGO LOL or Dota 2. The general rules are:

1. Is to have a low overall dpi/settings to create fast precise clicks

2. No mouse acceleration as it hinders estimation.

3. (CSGO/FPS) Fast enough to turn around on someone firing at you while also being precise.

To help achieve those rules you need a wide area for your mouse to do a low dpi but fast 180 degree turn. This is why some people get keyboard withough a numpad so they have extra room on there desk strictly for their mouse.

Dont worry about dpi at all. If u have a cheap mouse it can jave anywhere between 400-1600 dpi. Its like mouse sensitivity in games. Tge higher it is the faster your mouse cursor moves.

The priority on the mouse is its buttons and sensor. Thats what should matter before dpi.

I like my movement precise so i use low dpi (1600) even tho my mouse can do over 6000...

If u are a player who likes to barely move the mouse and do 360 no scope, then you still dont need more than 4000 dpi.

I keep my dpi the same, i just adjust mouse sensitivity individually for all my games because they all have different freaking values and cant do raw mouse imput.. Its 2016 ffs !

TLDR; Mouse DPI is more or less just a marketing technique these days. Any quality mouse you buy will have up to 5000 dpi anyway. Its more than you need.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

What I've found is that a high dpi will help at higher resolutions. If you have a low dpi mouse on a 1440p monitor, it just won't work. well...it will. But It'll be no fun at all

Shipping sucks