GPU with the most longevity in the 1080p 60fps category

XxJKATxX

Ok I am building my first PC within the next few days. I have all the parts picked out and ready to go im just struggling picking a GPU. I want the best card that will run 1080p at 60fps on all games maxed out but not just for the games right now but for at least 2-3yrs down the road and be able to livestream while still being able to have a good fps.

By no means do I want to spend to much money and it be overkill

Cards I have been Considering:

GTX 970-I know this will run most the current games maxxed out at 1080p but for how much longer and how will live steamming affect the framerate?

R9 390x- I like the amount of VRAM it has the longevity factor in mind. But this card is power hungry runs kinda hot and does not have the NVIDA features like shadow-play i would like to have 

GTX 980TI-This is the card i know will get the job done but is it overkill?

and to be honest After i get a good witcher 3 and fallout 4 play-though its going to be back to mainly playing leauge of legends and world of warcraft until something else i really like comes out.

I am up for any other Suggestions... just trying to show some of my thought process behind why I am choosing between these cards.

Thanks for any of you guys help/opinions ahead of time I am really excited to finally ditch a laptop and get a desktop 

Max 1 year

High 2

Medium 3

Low 4

Min 5

Tends to be the lifespan of a high end gpu

-1 for medium range like the 390/970

-2 for low end like the 960/380

-3 for budget like the 370/950

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

if you're going with 980, but you want team red more, get the r9 fury, slightly faster than 980 but does use a bit more power than 980 and the price difference is like 10$

Max 1 year

High 2

Medium 3

Low 4

Min 5

Tends to be the lifespan of a high end gpu

-1 for medium range like the 390/970

-2 for low end like the 960/380

-3 for budget like the 370/950

I think that's true, but the teirs more go like

Bleeding edge - Titan

Cutting edge - 980ti/R9 Fury x

More reasonable edge - R9 Fury/980

High end - R9 390(x)/970

Mid teir - R9 380(x)/960

Lower mid teir - R9 370/950

Low end - 750ti/R7 260x

Never buy - below

if you're going with 980, but you want team red more, get the r9 fury, slightly faster than 980 but does use a bit more power than 980 and the price difference is like 10$

I am on no Team..but i have not seen alot on the fury X and would have to look more into it 

I am on no Team..but i have not seen alot on the fury X and would have to look more into it

not the fury x but the fury, because it costs less and fits your needs fine

not the fury x but the fury, because it costs less and fits your needs fine

Ah..But with it only having 4gb of VRAM wouldn't a card with more be better in terms of longevity 

I think that's true, but the teirs more go like

Bleeding edge - Titan

Cutting edge - 980ti/R9 Fury x

More reasonable edge - R9 Fury/980

High end - R9 390(x)/970

Mid teir - R9 380(x)/960

Lower mid teir - R9 370/950

Low end - 750ti/R7 260x

Never buy - below

your low end were low end last year. They are outdated.

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

your low end were low end last year. They are outdated.

Its still more recommended the something below that, and also your 380 is based on something 2+ years old... 7970 you'll always live on...

Its still more recommended the something below that, and also your 380 is based on something 2+ years old... 7970 you'll always live on...

still current gen :/

As a side thought also When Does AMD/NVIDA release a new video cards series i know CES is just around the corner and willing to wait a month or 2 just to have the newest 

still current gen :/

well a R7 260x would just be a R7 360, but I believe they are done releasing new gpus in the 300 series(except the fury x2, but that's delayed to about the same time as the next gen launching.)

As a side thought also When Does AMD/NVIDA release a new video cards series i know CES is just around the corner and willing to wait a month or 2 just to have the newest

I believe its Q3, but someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I believe its Q3, but someone correct me if I'm wrong.

my guess is q4

I read some news articles and they said summer which is Q2 or Q3, so I'd stick with Q3, because that's when they usually launch.

Yea I cant wait that long haha So it seems I may just spring for the 980ti if its not overkill going to Frys electronics tomorrow to see what kind of different models they have and maybe see what they have to say 

well the trip to look a GPU's in person was a failure.....I have never seen someone so for the 390x and the only 980ti they had in stock was the G1 gaming which i dont feel the need to spend the extra money on over the evga...so the saga continues i probably will keep this updated and have full build pictures and such before its all over with