Bad D5?

Ok, so my loop has been up & running for a couple days now, but I'm getting sort of a 'scratchy' noise coming from my pump (sounds almost like hdd seeking, but it's definitely the pump). It's only really noticeable when the room is completely quiet. It's not vibrations & the pump never ran dry. Is this normal or should I look into an RMA?

Ok, so my loop has been up & running for a couple days now, but I'm getting sort of a 'scratchy' noise coming from my pump (sounds almost like hdd seeking, but it's definitely the pump). It's only really noticeable when the room is completely quiet. It's not vibrations & the pump never ran dry. Is this normal or should I look into an RMA?

If you just filled it it could be some bubbles going through the pump making noise, but if it happens a week or so into it then it may be an issue with the pump. Some noise is normal even on the lowest setting.

If you just filled it it could be some bubbles going through the pump making noise, but if it happens a week or so into it then it may be an issue with the pump. Some noise is normal even on the lowest setting.

Ok cool, I'll wait it out then. There are definitely still a ton of microbubbles along the walls of the res so I've left the cap ajar to let it bleed. I hope that's all it is! This is my first custom loop so I've been a bit paranoid with everything  :D The temps are excellent though!

Ok cool, I'll wait it out then. There are definitely still a ton of microbubbles along the walls of the res so I've left the cap ajar to let it bleed. I hope that's all it is! This is my first custom loop so I've been a bit paranoid with everything  :D The temps are excellent though!

No need for that. Better to close it and turn up the speed on the pump for 10 min or so.

That should get rid of most of the air in the system, the rest will work it self out over the next few weeks or months (depending on how complex the loop is).

I speak my mind, sorry if thats a problem.

So yah. It's definitely the pump, pretty disappointing. Here's a clip of it, you can hear the sort of ticking noise, then I modulate the speed & it makes some pretty awful noises =[

I sent an email to performance-pcs, but from what I've read I'm pretty worried about getting it sorted out. Unfortunately their RMA period is only 30 days & it's been exactly 60 since I've placed the order. Sucks because I couldn't test the pump until I got the second batch of parts. I hope I can get it sorted out through them (paid extra to have the cables sleeved, plus they're in state) & not the manufacturer.

So yah. It's definitely the pump, pretty disappointing. Here's a clip of it, you can hear the sort of ticking noise, then I modulate the speed & it makes some pretty awful noises =[

-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5LQaouePoc-

I sent an email to performance-pcs, but from what I've read I'm pretty worried about getting it sorted out. Unfortunately their RMA period is only 30 days & it's been exactly 60 since I've placed the order. Sucks because I couldn't test the pump until I got the second batch of parts. I hope I can get it sorted out through them (paid extra to have the cables sleeved, plus they're in state) & not the manufacturer.

Hmm unfortunately that does sound like a bad bearing inside especially since it stays as the speed is varied, it should be covered at least under manufacture warranty for the pump.

snip

That was my thinking as well =/ It should be, but XSPC's warranty/RMA policy doesn't exactly instill confidence either:

Returns/RMA

All returns are handled through our reseller network. Please contact your retailer if you have a faulty product that needs replacing and they will help you get it replaced quickly. If you have any issues getting a replacement though your retailer, please contact us and we will help you resolve the issue.

One-Year Limited Warranty:

XSPC warrants products to be free of defects in materials or workmanship.  This warranty does not include damage resulting from accident or misuse. If this product should become defective, return to your place of purchase. This warranty is in lieu of all other warranties expressed or implied including the implied warranties of merchantability of fitness for a particular purpose, whether arising by law, custom or conduct, and the rights and remedies provided under this warranty are exclusive and in lieu of any other rights or remedies. In no event shall XSPC be liable for consequential damages.

Basically I have to go through performance-pcs before anything. I'll be sure to post how they handle it for everyone's reference. If anyone has dealt with them for a pump replacement before I'd like to hear how it went.