Does anyone out there have ultra wide 1440p?

JWMutant

I am stuck between getting the x34 and the z35.

Both have good and bad points.

What I am more interested in is what the monitor looks like ingame when compared to similar size in 1080p.

There is no issue with me running 1440p as I have a watercooled 980Ti.

I have been gaming in 1080p for a long long time, however it is rather hard to compare what it will look like against 1440p in well any refresh rate as I have never actually physically seen a 1440p monitor.

If I were you I'd go for a UHD monitor - there aren't any disadvantages really. Still, the difference compared to 1080p should be substantial, especially if the sizes of the two monitors are comparable.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

hmm, im running a lg 34um67 (1080p). and i don't usually notice the pixels while gaming. but then again, i haven't had the luxury to gaze upon the glorious face of god known as a 4k monitor.

Cpu: i5 4690k @ 4.3ghz

Gpu: Asus GTX 970 Strix 

Ram: G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB

Mobo: Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 5

Psu: EVGA Supernova 750W G2

Case: NZXT Noctis 450

x34 definitely, gsync 1440p ultrawide? Sounds amazing to me i'd definitely go for that over a 1080 ultrawide

GPU - 2x GTX 970 g1 gaming (sli) CPU - I5 4690k 4.6Ghz Cooler - Kraken x61 PSU - Corsair ax760 RAM - 32gb Corsair vengeance pro 2400mhz Storage - 730 Series SSD 240gb Case - Phantek enthoo pro

Im going to try and explain my logic behind why I dont want to go 4K at this point in time.

I play mainly BF4 and when that is done  BF5 (Due out at the end of this year).

Now I can predict with a certain degree of accuracy that my current hardware rig (mainly gpu side of things) will handle whatever specs BF5 will require at 2K. However my confidence drops when I start to thing about "Will it run 4K". 

I have just finished watercooling the 980TI and expect it to do me till early next year.