115 C Mainboard temps

Go to solution Solved by astranger200,

i have the same issue and just ignore it

Short intro: new build for a family member, it's workstation PC for Web Development/graphic design.

Everything is working normally, got Windows installed and drivers going, blah, blah, blah.

I was doing normal stuff and noticed that HWMonitor reported that the mainboard temp was at 115C (CPU, TZ00, and TZ01 Temps all between 25 and 30C, GPU temp 37C)).

First assumption was that the program was wrong, so I tried a different program (Speedfan) just to see the same thing.

Booted to BIOS, and in the BIOS the mobo temp in the Monitor tab says 30-31C. 

I popped open the case to check physically for heat. The only heatsink on this mobo is the gold one over what I assume is the Southbridge. It feels slightly warm. Definitely wouldn't be boiling water on it.

Plus, there are no airflow dead zones in the case. Corsair 350D, x2 140mm intake fans in the front, h100iGTX exhasting out of the top, and the 120mm in the back)

Figured I would update the BIOS to see if that would help (it didn't).

Oh and I also tested for bit without the GPU installed on the off chance that it was putting heat towards the mobo.

So, I don't think I have a reason to be worried. I am assuming it is a software issue with how Windows is reading the sensor because the BIOS says it has normal temps and the mobo has no parts that are hot to the touch. I was hoping that maybe someone else here maybe has had a similar experience for I email ASUS directly. I would obviously prefer to not have to RMA the board lol. 

Mobo: ASUS H97M-E

CPU: 4790k (cooled by h100i GTX)

RAM: 16 GB Mushkin

GPU: EVGA 970 SC

PSU: RM850x

SSD: 250GB 850 EVO

HDD: x2 4TB Seagate (RAID 1)

i have the same issue and just ignore it

Sounds like a good plan to me. Thanks haha.

Try using other applications such as OpenHardwareMonitor to see if you get the same results.

I don't like 2D games...I just couldn't get into them.. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Try using other applications such as OpenHardwareMonitor to see if you get the same results.

CPUID HWMonitor, OpenHardwareMonitor, and Speedfan all came up with similar readings.

Everything except the BIOS says the same thing.

CPUID HWMonitor, OpenHardwareMonitor, and Speedfan all came up with similar readings.

Everything except the BIOS says the same thing.

try a BIOS update, or the tool that comes with mobo.

For me it's "MSI command center", they will have a better chance of a good reading.

Borrow a IR gun and see the hottest temp if your really worried. But this has been a problem for years with diff manufacturers. Most just ignore it.