Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming vs XTREME GAMING

what are the diffrences and which one should i get?

what one is better?

>tfw no princessan 

my rig : Intel Xeon 1246-v3 , asus z97 sabertooth mark 1 , 16gb hyperx fury , 1tb wd black , 240gb hyperx 3k ssd , corsair 650w RM psu , hyper 212 evo , gtx 970 ,

and a cat

r9 390 

otherwise extreme gaming

would recommend you save up and get a GTX 980 insted

MacBook Pro 13" Mid 2012 w/Core i5 3210M and glorious HD 4000 Graphics

The Xtreme Gaming variant has a beefier cooler and better power delivery, which should allow for better overclocking. If you don't overclock, the G1 will be a better option.

If the price difference isn't significant and you want to overclock, get the Xtreme Gaming.

From salty to bath salty in 2.9 seconds

Would say it depends on the price, cant imagine there would be much of a difference in terms of performance, the XTREME brand is just the new top tier from Gigabyte, the G1 used to be that. The only difference seems to be rgb lighting and a tiny tiny higher factory overclock on the XTREME.

Ryzen 7 3700x, MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX, 16GB Ballistix Elite 3600MHz, MSI RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio, Corsair RM750x V2

Xtreme is just a G1 gaming on steroids, better power delivery but it seems like they come with Elpida memory chips which are awful for overclocking. The G1 is still a monster overclocker and gets better VRAM, so the Xtreme doesn't really make sense

LTT's fastest Valley 970, slowest Valley Basic and Extreme HD scores

Desktop || CPU - i5 4690k || Motherboard - ASUS Gryphon Z97 || RAM - 16GB Kingston HyperX 1866MHz || GPU - Gigabyte G1 GTX 970 *Cough* 3.5GB || Case - Fractal Design Define R5 || HDD - Seagate Barracuda 160GB || PSU - Corsair AX760

Xtreme is just a G1 gaming on steroids, better power delivery but it seems like they come with Elpida memory chips which are awful for overclocking. The G1 is still a monster overclocker and gets better VRAM, so the Xtreme doesn't really make sense

My MSI 970 Gaming have Elpida memory and it overclocks better than my previous card which had Samsung, so you cant really just say that Elpida sucks, every card overclocks differently. Had a Galax 970 HOF card that would crash if i bumped the MHz by like 1, my current MSI 970 Gaming which have Elpida memory boosts to 1530MHz with +300 on the memory and that is with no added voltage.

Ryzen 7 3700x, MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX, 16GB Ballistix Elite 3600MHz, MSI RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio, Corsair RM750x V2

My MSI 970 Gaming have Elpida memory and it overclocks better than my previous card which had Samsung, so you cant really just say that Elpida sucks, every card overclocks differently. Had a Galax 970 HOF card that would crash if i bumped the MHz by like 1, my current MSI 970 Gaming which have Elpida memory boosts to 1530MHz with +300 on the memory and that is with no added voltage.

It's not just how much of an offset you can put on the memory, Samsung chips also have tighter timings than Hynix and Elpida so +200 on Samsung chips is more like +300/350 on Hynix/Elpida, and generally most Samsung chips will do +500. Hence why on all the top end overclocking cards and record setters on HWBot have Samsung chips.

Desktop || CPU - i5 4690k || Motherboard - ASUS Gryphon Z97 || RAM - 16GB Kingston HyperX 1866MHz || GPU - Gigabyte G1 GTX 970 *Cough* 3.5GB || Case - Fractal Design Define R5 || HDD - Seagate Barracuda 160GB || PSU - Corsair AX760

It's not just how much of an offset you can put on the memory, Samsung chips also have tighter timings than Hynix and Elpida so +200 on Samsung chips is more like +300/350 on Hynix/Elpida, and generally most Samsung chips will do +500. Hence why on all the top end overclocking cards and record setters on HWBot have Samsung chips.

Sure, but for the average user it really makes no difference.

Sure, but for the average user it really makes no difference.

Which is what I said about the Xtreme gaming. It's not for overclockers because it doesn't have Samsung RAM, and it's more expensive than the G1 gaming so your average jo isn't going to go for it

• 3 months later...
On 01/01/2016 at 5:55 AM, Cats can use computers said:

what are the diffrences and which one should i get?

what one is better?

OK so for starters I'm annoyed at the people saying the extreme isn't worth it, for those who clearly don't know any better the extreme has chips that have been binned and garentee a better overclock, you can get this info directly from gigabytes website. So yes, get the extreme, I did.