Suggestions for good headphones

GummyGamer

I am looking for some nice quality headphones and I have a budget of $160 USD. I know that a pretty good option is the ATH-M50x but I just wanted to know if there are any other options out there or maybe something that is way better for only a little bit more. Thanks  :D

Agreed i bought mine on sale and they are some of the best headphones i have ever used.

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.1GHZ | MOBO: Asus Rampage Extreme V Eatx LGA2011-3 | RAM: 16.00GB DDR4 G-Skills Ripjaws @2400Mhz | GPU: 2x Gtx 980 | CASE: Cooler Master Cosmos 2 | STORAGE: 400GB INTEL 750 Series PCI-E SSD/ 3TB Western Digital WDC | PSU: Corsair AXi 1200w | DISPLAYS: ASUS PB287Q (3840x2160@60Hz) And LG27MU67 (3840x2160@60Hz)

How about the 558 instead as they are basicaly the same for 50$ less

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

I am looking for some nice quality headphones and I have a budget of $160 USD. I know that a pretty good option is the ATH-M50x but I just wanted to know if there are any other options out there or maybe something that is way better for only a little bit more. Thanks  :D

I bought a pair of ATH-M50x some months ago, and for my use, listening to all kinds of music (from K-pop to black metal), playing games and watching movies it's just fantastic. You get clear music with a good punch from the base, nothing overboard for my ears, and I have to turn down the sound on my mother's iPad when watching videos of Linus because the speakers+Linus's voice hurt my ears.

Overall a solid recomedation from me, one thing I noticed is that there's an edge on the headband that might annoy you, I only noticed it in the beginning when I was gaming non-stop for 10 hours.

Do you like warmer(stronger bass), brighter(stronger treble), or flatter(flat frequency response) sound? Before finding out make sure you've EQ balanced your current audio for the kind of listening experience you prefer; then listen to this sample:

If the volume of the frequency range is roughly the same across the board you will prefer flatter sound and you will like studio monitors.

If the lower frequencies are higher volume you will prefer warmer sound.

If the higher frequencies are higher volume you will prefer brighter sound.

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/6145146?
This is how you own price to performance.
"Life is too precious to be wasted in misery." -Me.