Modmic types?

Go to solution Solved by ThatOneRussian,

Uni directional just so its focused on your voice. Instead of all the noise around you

OK. I have my M30x's, great headphones for gaming. Now I need a microphone, since borrowing my brother's headset every time I need one is getting annoying. Of course, the Modmic is the best choice for a boom mic on the headphones itself.

I've found the Modmic 4.0 on Amazon, ez. But, there's two kinds (with mutes.) The Uni-Directional, and the Omni-Directional. They cost the exact same. I don't even know if they're different. What are the differences (if any?) It will be used for gaming in the middle of a sometimes noisy living room. If they are actually different, which would be better in a kind of noisy environment?

I used to be quite active here.

Uni directional just so its focused on your voice. Instead of all the noise around you

"God created war so that Americans would learn geography"

Thank you!

I used to be quite active here.

Omni-Directional basically picks up sound from all directions. Uni-Directional picks up sound from one direction (haha). The Omni ones can be used as a kind of desk mic, or for groups with one mic. In general, Uni-Directional is best for normal gaming chat.