*Help* Troubleshooting H97 Mobo; i5 4590 cpu

Go to solution Solved by Canto666Hades,

The CPU Power Connector.... *Face Palm*

Dear Awesome People,

Quick and to the point, I built a new PC with an MSI H97 PC Mate Mobo and an i5 4590 CPU, and then a Corsair CX500 PSU. I get to that final moment where you hit the power button. The thing spins the fans for 1/2 second and stops. Well dang this must be a power issue if it isn't worse like a fried board or PSU, plus you hear all the time about people who don't plug in the power all the way. Well I take a look at it and the 24-pin was plugged in far but not all the way, so I made sure to pull it out and push it back in that last tiny bit until it clicked. Nothing worked, decided to pull the GPU to help Isolate, tried connecting 24-pin again and everything I was trying was resulting 1/2 second fans spins and then nothing... Thoughts? Concerns? Emotional Outbreaks? 

Cheers and thanks for your time!

Canto666Hades

Dear Awesome People,

Quick and to the point, I built a new PC with an MSI H97 PC Mate Mobo and an i5 4590 CPU, and then a Corsair CX500 PSU. I get to that final moment where you hit the power button. The thing spins the fans for 1/2 second and stops. Well dang this must be a power issue if it isn't worse like a fried board or PSU, plus you hear all the time about people who don't plug in the power all the way. Well I take a look at it and the 24-pin was plugged in far but not all the way, so I made sure to pull it out and push it back in that last tiny bit until it clicked. Nothing worked, decided to pull the GPU to help Isolate, tried connecting 24-pin again and everything I was trying was resulting 1/2 second fans spins and then nothing... Thoughts? Concerns? Emotional Outbreaks? 

Cheers and thanks for your time!

Canto666Hades

What gpu? 

MSI GTX 970, its currently out and far away from the case while I am trying to troubleshoot.