CoC rules for "selling" question.

xx-Grim-One-xx

Hello all, i was just looking at recent topics and saw the topic of " where can i sell my laptop." This got me wondering after looking at the CoC, what was actually wrong with the post??? He wasnt trying to sell it HERE or advertise/link to it here on the site, he was simply asking where people thought would be best. That being said, why do members immediately reply "against CoC" when technically its not, because he's only looking for opinions about where people think would be best to sell it, he wasnt asking if anybody here wanted to buy it.

4.2 Advertising
Any sort of advertisement on Linus Tech Tips that has little or no relation to Linus Media Group, or is not affiliated with Linus Media Group in any way will be considered spam and removed from the boards. This also pertains to signatures and/or profile information.

In addition to advertising, you may not sell any item via the forums or advertise links to third party sites (EBay, Kijiji, etc.) where you have sales posted.

That being said, maybe a MOD could respond as to why the topic is "locked"??

Current Rig as of 7/30/13

A10-6800k, Asrock Extreme 6, 16GB Kingston Hyper X 2133Mhz RAM, Asus 2GB 7770, OCZ vertex 4 128GB SSD, 2TB Barracuda HDD, Rosewill Hive 750 watt supply, and CM Storm Trooper case.

This happens because few people know the CoC really well, most people just think that selling things is against the CoC

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

Because people don't read posts. They read a few words and assume what everything is about

Same with people saying it's already been posted when it it something new such as a new humblebundle even though they are telling about a different bundle.

I've seen posts where someone asks something else in there write-up but says something else in the title and it took a good 7 responses before someone actually answered the question he had because no one read the write-up they just seem to look at the title.

Sad really. Some of the topics that get deleted by mods really shouldn't and since they get deleted you can't contest it by having the proof of what was in it because it's no longer there. Same with the locking some I don't feel should get locked but that's what a dictatorship is like lol.

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

@ Hazy, I understand that part, but i'm specifically asking why that post was locked/ against CoC, because the person wasnt trying to sell the item or advertise for its sale on this site. they only said " where should i sell my laptop". Whats wrong with asking for opinions??? isnt that what this site is for?? 

Current Rig as of 7/30/13

A10-6800k, Asrock Extreme 6, 16GB Kingston Hyper X 2133Mhz RAM, Asus 2GB 7770, OCZ vertex 4 128GB SSD, 2TB Barracuda HDD, Rosewill Hive 750 watt supply, and CM Storm Trooper case.

@ Hazy, I understand that part, but i'm specifically asking why that post was locked/ against CoC, because the person wasnt trying to sell the item or advertise for its sale on this site. they only said " where should i sell my laptop". Whats wrong with asking for opinions??? isnt that what this site is for?? 

Yes, that is what this forum is for. We could speculate all we want about why it was locked, it could simply be a minor mistake from the mod (from what I hear they are a bit short handed atm, so they might not have the time to fully analyse each thread, reported or not).

Not trying to sound short tempered or churlish, but the only way you could find out is sending a direct email to the mod who locked it and ask him.

I'm not trying to discourage you, after all this forum is about being able to ask the daft questions (not saying yours is) and not be embarrassed by it. Whether you get an answer or not is another point altogether!  :D

PC Specs: i7 4770k @ 4.3Ghz 1.165v, Corsair H100i + 2x SP120 PE in Pull, Asus ROG Maximus VII Hero, 8GB Kingston Hyper-X Genesis 1600mhz, X-fire Sapphire HD7950 3GB OC Dual X Edition, Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium - Fatal1ty, 60GB OCZ Agility 3, 120GB OCZ Agility 3, 480GB Seagate 600 Series, 1TB WD Caviar Black, Corsair TX850, CM Storm Trooper, Win 7 Pro. Peripherals: Microsoft Sidewinder X6 Keyboard, Logitech G700S Mouse, Sennheiser G4ME ONE Headset, Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Speakers. Phone: HTC One M8.