Audio Dropping with Pioneer Receiver

Go to solution Solved by 4321Rocket,

I downloaded and installed Cyberlink PowerDVD Ultra 14 and the issue went away. Therefore, like I said, it was a software issue; don't trust WinDVD Pro 11

Hi,

So I built an HTPC and I'm noticing audio dropouts. I'm using a trial version of WinDVD Pro and I'm noticing the audio continuously dropping out. Initially I thought it was due to the DTS HD audio codec, but then I'm experiencing the problem when I run dolby digital videos. I set the amp to pass the audio to my TV and noticed that its dropping there as well. Funny thing is I'm experiencing a dropout at the same time of the menu of Lilo and Stitch.

Please help me solve this issue. I've checked the manual and I did the steps that they said and it hasn't helped out. I really want to get this issue solved and so far am leaning towards the trial software being the culprit as I don't experience any audio dropout with other content (e.g gaming, youtube)

Thanks,

4321Rocket

Try plugging it directly into the TV and see if it's still doing it.  Also try another HDMI cable.

Also try different media players like VLC and MPC-HC.

Try plugging it directly into the TV and see if it's still doing it.  Also try another HDMI cable.

Also try different media players like VLC and MPC-HC.

I'm currently trying my blu ray player and I just watched a video off youtube without any hiccups so I'm pretty confident its a software related issue. I've tried VLC with other files and it works. VLC however can't play physical bluray discs, which is the main issue. I'll update this post when I purchase or move on to cyberlink powerdvd 16 (which looks like an april 2016 release),

Hi,

So I built an HTPC and I'm noticing audio dropouts. I'm using a trial version of WinDVD Pro and I'm noticing the audio continuously dropping out. Initially I thought it was due to the DTS HD audio codec, but then I'm experiencing the problem when I run dolby digital videos. I set the amp to pass the audio to my TV and noticed that its dropping there as well. Funny thing is I'm experiencing a dropout at the same time of the menu of Lilo and Stitch.

Please help me solve this issue. I've checked the manual and I did the steps that they said and it hasn't helped out. I really want to get this issue solved and so far am leaning towards the trial software being the culprit as I don't experience any audio dropout with other content (e.g gaming, youtube)

Thanks,

4321Rocket

Give me a little bit of details here. What version of Windows? What CPU? What mobo?

I'm currently trying my blu ray player and I just watched a video off youtube without any hiccups so I'm pretty confident its a software related issue. I've tried VLC with other files and it works. VLC however can't play physical bluray discs, which is the main issue. I'll update this post when I purchase or move on to cyberlink powerdvd 16 (which looks like an april 2016 release),

It's probably a software issue, but you can't completely eliminate the hardware side.  If it still does it when you plug it directly into the TV then you'll for sure it's a software issue.  And cables can be weird.  Sometimes they aren't properly shielded or the connections aren't soldered completely and not be able to transmit all of the data bandwidth required but come close, or sometimes they cause weird HDMI handshake issues.  I've experienced similair issues with a 10 ft long HDMI cable before, but not on every device.  For example it worked fine connecting my laptop to the TV, but not my brothers gaming rig to the HT reciever.

Also you said it still happens with Dolby Digital.  If you meant the Dolby TrueHD then try choosing the regular non-HD Dolby 5.1/7.1 audio track.  HD audio makes up most of the bandwidth being sent to the reciever and TV.

Give me a little bit of details here. What version of Windows? What CPU? What mobo?

CPU: Intel i5 4430 (HD 4600 Graphics)

Mobo: Asus Z97-P

GPU: Using integrated

Optical Drive: Asus BD Combo Drive (no writing capabilities)

It's probably a software issue, but you can't completely eliminate the hardware side.  If it still does it when you plug it directly into the TV then you'll for sure it's a software issue.  And cables can be weird.  Sometimes they aren't properly shielded or the connections aren't soldered completely and not be able to transmit all of the data bandwidth required but come close, or sometimes they cause weird HDMI handshake issues.  I've experienced similair issues with a 10 ft long HDMI cable before, but not on every device.  For example it worked fine connecting my laptop to the TV, but not my brothers gaming rig to the HT reciever.

Also you said it still happens with Dolby Digital.  If you meant the Dolby TrueHD then try choosing the regular non-HD Dolby 5.1/7.1 audio track.  HD audio makes up most of the bandwidth being sent to the reciever and TV.

So I have tried it with a 9ft and 12ft (or even longer) HDMI cable and I'm still having the issue. Also the audio track that I was testing was in fact Dolby Digital (not True HD). I just played the previews on the Bluray Disc and they were encoded with Dolby Digital and those are still giving me issues.

I downloaded and installed Cyberlink PowerDVD Ultra 14 and the issue went away. Therefore, like I said, it was a software issue; don't trust WinDVD Pro 11