850 Evo

Moglakos

I friend bought 2 days ago a Samsung 850Evo, i asked him to send me a Crystal Disk Mark photo of that SSD for the sake of knowledge. The day he bought it he send me this photo and a while ago he told me he update the firmware and he did the bench again, but this time he got those speeds. Now i have to ask you, IS THIS NORMAL?! it's not raid 0 or anything.

His PC specs (as far as i remember): AMD FX8350, MSI 970A-G43, 16GB DDR3 HyperX Fury @1866MHz.

Just let me know you speeds guys if you owe an 850Evo. If it is so OP then i would consider to buy one in future, if it's a glitch or bug from Crystal Disk Mark then i'm really disappointed!

wtf...

Where did he get the firmware update?
I need it for my 850 evo.

I friend bought 2 days ago a Samsung 850Evo, i asked him to send me a Crystal Disk Mark photo of that SSD for the sake of knowledge. The day he bought it he send me this photo and a while ago he told me he update the firmware and he did the bench again, but this time he got those speeds. Now i have to ask you, IS THIS NORMAL?! it's not raid 0 or anything.

His PC specs (as far as i remember): AMD FX8350, MSI 970A-G43, 16GB DDR3 HyperX Fury @1866MHz.

Just let me know you speeds guys if you owe an 850Evo. If it is so OP then i would consider to buy one in future, if it's a glitch or bug from Crystal Disk Mark then i'm really disappointed!

Its the Samsung software, it helps with short writes/reads but overly affects benchmarks

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

wtf...

Where did he get the firmware update?

I need it for my 850 evo.

i'll ask him and i'll let you know... do you have the same speeds with the first photo or not?

i'll ask him and i'll let you know... do you have the same speeds with the first photo or not?

I'm getting abit better then first photo, but not massively 10-30mb max

Are you sure he isn't using rapid mode for that speed and even if he is it is low.

Is this the EMT02B6Q firmware?....heard it somehow disables/removes rapid mode.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

And then there's me...

post-233981-0-25755400-1451442756_thumb.

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

Are you sure he isn't using rapid mode for that speed and even if he is it is low.

Is this the EMT02B6Q firmware?....heard it somehow disables/removes rapid mode.

No idea man... but i don;t think he knows to to use rapid mode!

And then there's me...

attachicon.gifoooo.PNG

*cums*

This is mine with EMT01B6Q firmware...

Normal....

post-3854-0-69590900-1451447465_thumb.pn

Rapid mode.....

post-3854-0-16543900-1451447474_thumb.pn

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.