Un-deletable File?

AsrielDreemurr
Go to solution Solved by Bean86,

Start the PC in Safe Mode and try deleting from there and/or CMD.

If all fails boot Linux from a USB stick and delete the file through Linux.

Mis-render from Blender. I rendered it, but when I realized it would take too long, I stopped it on the first frame. It made a file called 'yotext' (becaues i forgot to change the name). Now, no matter what I do, no matter how i open it, save it, I cannot delete it. I've never touched the file until now. I've never been able to delete it. When I use notepad, it just makes new notes, instead of overriding. The directory is my desktop, but I CAN'T DELETE IT!! It's just very annoying. I can't move it anywhere either. Ascetically, it's annoying af. I don't know what to do. I can't rename it so that It becomes invisible. It's Weird.

post-246373-0-52639000-1451414872_thumb.

post-246373-0-66044800-1451414885_thumb.

post-246373-0-47477100-1451414899_thumb.

post-246373-0-70297300-1451414914_thumb.

post-246373-0-74541900-1451414952_thumb.

If you play Geometry Dash, would you take the time to rate this demon? 14986973 ;3;

Try CCleaner.

I feel like it deals with things like this.

Best Bench Runs & 24/7 Rig

Spoiler

Best Bench Runs

i5 4670k (XTU) - 4.7GHz Core / 4.5GHz Cache | GTX 980 (FireStrike Extreme) 1620MHz Core / 4000MHz Memory (GPUPI) 1721MHz | G.Skill Ripjaws X 2x4GB - 2200MHz CL10-11-11-24 1T

Spoiler

24/7 Rig & Clocks

i5 4670k 4.5GHz (Swiftech H320) | MSI Z87 MPower Max | ASUS GTX 980 1580MHz 4000MHz (NZXT Kraken X41) | 3x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz | Corsair Air 540 | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | 120GB Kingston SSD | 1TB Seagate Barracuda

Press F5 to refresh your desktop. Seems like the file has already been deleted. If that doesn't work, try restarting your computer.

Lol this /\

if you read the screen it says the file isnt thier. 

Lol this /\

if you read the screen it says the file isnt thier. 

Press F5 to refresh your desktop. Seems like the file has already been deleted. If that doesn't work, try restarting your computer.

its amazing how much this bug happens... and how little MS cared to fix it trough the years...

*EDIT* I can't click my desktop after attempting to re-render. So I can't hit F5. I'm afk for a bit. Restarting computer

post-246373-0-16014700-1451415434_thumb.

If you play Geometry Dash, would you take the time to rate this demon? 14986973 ;3;

its amazing how much this bug happens... and how little MS cared to fix it trough the years...

So, this isn't the first time.  Interesting.

So, this isn't the first time.  Interesting.

i've had occurances of this dating all the way back to windows 98 boxes...

I've had this happen because I couldn't uninstall Norton, because I deleted a file in it so I stuck it in a zip folder and deleted it...

but it want already gone it was just unmodifiable data...

You can also try Malwarebyte's FileAssassin: https://www.malwarebytes.org/fileassassin/

I'm guessing a reboot didn't work either?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

idk. I was about to but then I saw your post. Rebooting now.

I've had this happen because I couldn't uninstall Norton, because I deleted a file in it so I stuck it in a zip folder and deleted it...

but it want already gone it was just unmodifiable data...

The reboot didn't work. The f5 didn't work. Help?

Wow.

The reboot didn't work. The f5 didn't work. Help?

Someone from Microsoft's forum suggested deleting things from your temp folder: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-files/cant-delete-a-file-that-no-longer-is-link-or-in/f2d8ec4d-daf3-44cb-87ba-b378581b52e3?db=5&auth=1

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

Trying it now. 4.48GB to delete ;-;

Trying it now. 4.48GB to delete ;-;

Good luck in attempting once again to fix the issue.

Good luck in attempting once again to fix the issue.

Didn't work ;-; (tried f5 also)

Didn't work ;-; (tried f5 also)

How about this?

Re-do what you were doing. Attempt to render something in Blender, stop it prematurely, and then try deleting the file once again. I'm wondering if the file wasn't properly formed the first time around.

Hopefully it'll create the same file again, and not use a separate icon to represent it.

How about this?

Re-do what you were doing. Attempt to render something in Blender, stop it prematurely, and then try deleting the file once again. I'm wondering if the file wasn't properly formed the first time around.

Hopefully it'll create the same file again, and not use a separate icon to represent it.

Okai. I'm finding the file

How about this?

Umm... This is happening...

I click render. I let it render a single frame. Then go back to the desktop. Then it makes a proper file called 'yotext0001-0250'

How about this?

Did this with notepad ++. Won't let me delete both. Only one. Then the glitch comes again.

post-246373-0-38464400-1451419262_thumb.

Did this with notepad ++. Won't let me delete both. Only one. Then the glitch comes again.

huh it even lets you have two files with the same name interesting...

huh it even lets you have two files with the same name interesting...

ikr