Can I use a OEM Version of Windows If I Replace the Motherboard on a Computer with the Same Model

Appleboy45

I own a Dell Inspiron 530 with a Core 2 Duo, and 3GBs of RAM (Yes I know it is a old computer but it still serves me well for what I do with it today). The motherboard went out on it so I plan to replace it. Knowing how you can't change the motherboard with a OEM version of Windows, will it hurt if I replace the motherboard with the same model the computer came with, or will that not work?

what version of window, and if its not win 10 I'd try and get a non oem motherboard, because It wont matter.

what version of window, and if its not win 10 I'd try and get a non oem motherboard, because It wont matter.

Windows Vista Home Premium 32 Bit. I can't use a non OEM motherboard as you can't take out the IO shield on the Inspiron lineup.

Windows Vista Home Premium 32 Bit. I can't use a non OEM motherboard as you can't take out the IO shield on the Inspiron lineup.

You should be fine. Its Win7 and up that have more restrictions. I'm not allowed to help further as its against MS ToS.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv