do you reccomend to unplug all of your hdds and leave only SSD before instaling windows 10 ?

maria2244

if yes why ?

I'm MARIA 23 years old Girl (Female) .

Christmas is all about hope , and that hope is NOT possible without JESUS king of kings . I love Christmas .

yea

so you don't have to uninstall windows form the hdd 

duh

if you wipe the hdd system partition then you can leave it in.

Yes. I have had the experience that leaving more than one storage device plugged in when installing a Windows OS can lead to some of the system files on one or more of the other drives for some reason. I particularly had this while installing Win10. Idk if it's a common issue, but I have made it standard policy now to only ever have the OS drive plugged in when installing any OS to avoid the possibility of issue entirely.

END OF LINE

-- Project Deep Freeze Build Log --

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

no because then you have to go into the drives area and find and label all the hdds. Just wipe the hdds if there's nothing on them.

Yes. I have had the experience that leaving more than one storage device plugged in when installing a Windows OS can lead to some of the system files on one or more of the other drives for some reason. I particularly had this while installing Win10. Idk if it's a common issue, but I have made it standard policy now to only ever have the OS drive plugged in when installing any OS to avoid the possibility of issue entirely.

yes there is a little 100mb part of windows 10 on my 1tb hdd, but I think thats just from drivers I've put on it...

Yes if the drives are easily accessible, because then you and the Windows installer will have no choice but to install to the correct drive.

"Rawr XD"

yes there is a little 100mb part of windows 10 on my 1tb hdd, but I think thats just from drivers I've put on it...

The thing is, this could lead to problems if you were to remove that drive or it fails later on.

"Rawr XD"

It useds to be essential but now UEFI & GPT are so widespread it's not a big deal if you don't.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

The thing is, this could lead to problems if you were to remove that drive or it fails later on.

yeah it would I'd have to go to the origin web site again.. horrible horrible place...