W7 Pro x64 not updating

XDroidie626

Okay so I have swapped my W10 Home back to W7 Pro so I can upgrade to W10 Pro as I didn't have it, BUT it wont update, I have tried the force update command via CLI, I have tried an update script from stack exchange, still nothing, I have tried using MS Fix it to repair it while it detected problems it re-appeared.

I have restarted the machine and again its just stuck on "Checking for Updates" 

Ideas?

Thanks!

What does an Transformer get? Life insurance or car insurance? - Russell Howard - Standup (Made me giggle a bit)

That's pretty weird considering how hard MS has been pushing the update. What you can try is download the installer from MS manually and use that.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

simple. get a fresh installed windows 7 pro, then download windows 10 iso for offline upgrade, burn it to a dvd or a usb stick, boot using it then select upgrade and everything will go just fine

simple. get a fresh installed windows 7 pro, then download windows 10 iso for offline upgrade, burn it to a dvd or a usb stick, boot using it then select upgrade and everything will go just fine

(windows 7 must be activated before you can upgrade)

I tried the manual installer, just gets stuck on checking for updates, it is strange considering the want us all to upgrade.

I am trying an offline tool now, its installing known updates but idk how close it will put me to the W10 update.

Also ill try offline next, if not ill report back

What does an Transformer get? Life insurance or car insurance? - Russell Howard - Standup (Made me giggle a bit)

Hang on I tried the offline media creation but it doesn't offer W10 Pro at all, so is there somewhere where I can get an actual legit ISO for W10 Pro and then force upgrade with that, I don't want to use GetIntoPC on this one ideally.

Ill try this after this tool, its pulling from MS Servers now.

Why does Windows update have to always work when I don't want it lol

Got the updates pulling via Windows update finally, now awaits the long update process :/

Thanks people!

Is there a reason you can't do a clean installation of Windows 10? You no longer have to first do an upgrade from 7 -> 10 before performing a clean installation. You can now do a clean installation of Windows 10 and use your Windows 7 key during the install process.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

Is there a reason you can't do a clean installation of Windows 10? You no longer have to first do an upgrade from 7 -> 10 before performing a clean installation. You can now do a clean installation of Windows 10 and use your Windows 7 key during the install process.

How do I do this? I remember doing a similar thing with windows 8 to 8.1.

Just download the Windows 10 installer from this page: https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/software-download/windows10

Use the "Download tool now" button, and either save it to a USB drive (needs 4 GB of space, and will erase everything else on the drive), or download it to your hard drive and then burn it to a blank DVD disc. Then use that USB drive or DVD disc to install Windows 10.

To do that, you need to go into your BIOS, and set the first boot device your PC communicates with as the USB or DVD drive, depending on which you have the Windows 10 installer stored on. Alternatively, instead of going into your BIOS, you can keep pressing the F8 key while your system starts up, and it will present a menu from which you can select which device you want to boot from.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987