Elite Dangerous Horizons

xgn

Anyone tried this game? i saw a couple horrible reviews where he said you will be flying in the middle of nowhere most of the time and it can take 15 min to reach another star.

When you get in a dogfight its usually over in a couple of seconds. That sounds incredibly boring to me. Anyone tried it?

Yep, it's fun for a while but it's so shallow that you'll become bored much quicker than with most other games.

It feels like Fdev are being deliberately obtuse with it, they keep adding content and features but everything they add is so stripped out and bare bones. They seem to totally ignore any feedback or criticism about the lack on content and keep on insisting they're making the game they want. That's fine and all but in reality other people have to want to.play it too.

It's a grind/snooze fest and it seems like it always will be.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Anyone tried this game? i saw a couple horrible reviews where he said you will be flying in the middle of nowhere most of the time and it can take 15 min to reach another star.

When you get in a dogfight its usually over in a couple of seconds. That sounds incredibly boring to me. Anyone tried it?

Been playing Elite since Black Friday, got horizons when it was released, personally I'm loving it. It's part Euro Truck Simulator 2 in space and part other things. I haven't done much dogfighting in it, so I can't really comment on fights lasting seconds; although I imagine if you have the 'best' ship and you fight the 'worst' then yeah it's it's not gonna last long.

As for stars taking 15 minutes to get to, that's true somewhat; but a scewed statement towards slating the game. The game has several Binary systems in it (in case you don't know what that is a very crude way of explaining is where a system has two or more stars)

Binary systems are good for exploration; you gain more data and more credits if you scan everything. A jump for a system to system takes a few seconds and drops you by the systems main star. If you're an explorer and you visit a binary system then yeah flying to the secondary star *can* take 15 minutes but no one is forcing you to visit it.

Horizons added the ability to land on non atmospheric planets and drive about in a buggy.

Personally I really like it, (I'm a big space nerd though; so it's really scratching an itch), I played the original Elite (back in the 80s) and it's a nice little nostalgia trip for that too.

Master Disaster above says it's a grindy game, I'd agree with that statement to a degree but at the same time I think it's a mindset too, I'm not trying to earn X amount of credits or whatever else, I'm just playing the game and taking it for what it is and really enjoying it at the same time. I'm enjoying exploring in it; which I've managed to see some really nice things and I haven't even left the bubble / headed for any of the really interesting stuff yet.

Another thing about the game is there's no hand holding, a lot of people don't like that in a game.

and we will live such tragedy in perpetuity.