BBM for Android and iPhone

Lyons

Nail in the coffin?

http://www.engadget.com/2013/08/29/bbm-android-iphone/

http://ca.blackberry.com/bbm.html

Obviously no WP client, but this pretty much destroys BB's chances of gaining any kind of market share. People now have even less reason to get a Blackberry... The only advantage for this is it allows people who have BBM using friends to switch to Android or iPhone. Clearly this isn't meant to be an alternative for Hangouts, Whatsapp, etc. Well, I hope not.

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

I don't really think this is a nail in the coffin. They may not have as much market share for their phones. This will boast them up. They still have to run the severs.

Quote me to get a reply!

Bring this and the enterprise security out 3 years ago and it would have been the best and most popular SMS and encryption services available. But now it's a little late. I don't think it's going to really catch on.

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

I don't really think this is a nail in the coffin. They may not have as much market share for their phones. This will boast them up. They still have to run the severs.

How will it boost them up? I know several people and have several family members that want to switch from BB but can't because of all their BBM contacts. Now they can.

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

How will it boost them up? I know several people and have several family members that want to switch from BB but can't because of all their BBM contacts. Now they can.

I guess they will still get business from the BBM service. But businessmen will still stick to BlackBerry because of the the keyboard. This is the many reason that I can't change my phone. I want a One but my Cuvre has my contacts, same with my Dad.

Quote me to get a reply!

I guess they will still get business from the BBM service. But businessmen will still stick to BlackBerry because of the the keyboard. This is the many reason that I can't change my phone. I want a One but my Cuvre has my contacts, same with my Dad.

I dunno, all the switchers I know can't believe they didn't switch earlier once they tried Swiftkey on Android. Lots of people THINK they need a hardware keyboard, but software keyboards are faster, have better prediction, can learn the way you type and what words you use most frequently. There is FAR more flexibility. Even the iPhone keyboard is more effective than the BB one, and it sucks... iPhones have Fleksy available to them now (also on Android), which is definitely an advantage. Contacts from the phone's storage and SIM card can be exported too, it's not like they're locked in there.

Little bit too late. This would have been big a few years ago.

Agreed they should have done this years ago. It would have done them a lot more good a few years back.