144hz monitor only displaying 60hz?

no_clntrol

I am inclined to lean on the one that does not say vga. I could be wrong. You want to try connect just one monitor to either and giving it a go?

Either one should work. DVI-I(one that says DVI and VGA next to it) is DVI-D paired with VGA essentially.

Both of them are giving me 60hz, tried it with the second monitor disabled as well, same thing.. Would reinstalling the drivers for GPU/Monitor be a hassle or is that worth a shot?

Is this the text below my post?

Both of them are giving me 60hz, tried it with the second monitor disabled as well, same thing.. Would reinstalling the drivers for GPU/Monitor be a hassle or is that worth a shot?

Manually install the drivers for your card and see what happens.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Did you install any graphics drivers through Windows Update?

Just rebooted my PC after uninstalling nvidia drivers, again just to make sure, this isn't the Windows Update drivers you meant, right? http://puu.sh/m8wSE/ce47dda318.png

You will want the drivers downloaded from nvidia rather than microsoft.

Manually install the drivers for your card and see what happens.

Reinstalled my drivers, made sure I had the latest drivers for my monitor, used these settings http://puu.sh/m8yQ3/452c1242e6.png and yet vsynctester.com is giving me 60hz.. Do any of you two have any other ideas what could be causing this?

Reinstalled my drivers, made sure I had the latest drivers for my monitor, used these settings http://puu.sh/m8yQ3/452c1242e6.png and yet vsynctester.com is giving me 60hz.. Do any of you two have any other ideas what could be causing this?

I have the assumption that a windowed environment will be limited to 60fps. And gsync works for full screen games. You have 144hz reported, you should be good if your framerate is above 60fps. You getting tearing in which game, btw? And what fps you getting there?

I have the assumption that a windowed environment will be limited to 60fps. And gsync works for full screen games. You have 144hz reported, you should be good if your framerate is above 60fps. You getting tearing in which game, btw? And what fps you getting there?

CS:GO and Borderlands so far, both around 160-200 FPS, and I do feel it when scrolling around on the web and moving my mouse on the desktop and similar things. I have made some progress tho, I found a CD with manual and drivers in the bottom of the packaging behind a bit of carton that stated "Do not use monitor before reading this". I'll come back once I've looked through that one

14 hours later and still no solution.. tried it with a displayport cable now as well and there really was no difference at all. :(

14 hours later and still no solution.. tried it with a displayport cable now as well and there really was no difference at all. :(

How are you running the games?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

Go into Nvidia Control Panel and have at it 

How are you running the games?

What do yoj mean by how?

Go into Nvidia Control Panel and have at it

It is set to 144hz in there as well, seems to have made no difference

What do yoj mean by how?

Are you running them in full screen or windowed?

Fullscreen with Vsync on, it is capped to 144FPS but it still tears (I have a second monitor that is 60hz to compare with). So everything is recognizing 144hz, but it seems like I am not getting it.. I am going to unplug my 60hz monitor and format the PC when I get home, if that does not work I might have an older GPU to try it with. Is there anything else I could try it with?

Just installed my previous GPU, Radeon HD7750, running it with the DVI-D dual link and still the same thing. Everything is set to 144hz but I am still getting 60hz  :(

Fullscreen with Vsync on, it is capped to 144FPS but it still tears (I have a second monitor that is 60hz to compare with). So everything is recognizing 144hz, but it seems like I am not getting it.. I am going to unplug my 60hz monitor and format the PC when I get home, if that does not work I might have an older GPU to try it with. Is there anything else I could try it with?

Turn off Vsync

Turn off Vsync

Vsync is turned off in nvidia control panel and I doubt google chrome has vsync enabled by default.

HDMI cables can't run 144hz from my experience so switch the display cable to DVI. Make sure that you have actually enabled 144hz by going to your display settings>Advanced display settings>Display adapter properties. Under the " Monitor " tab, change the refresh rate to 144hz and click apply. Note that the text that I'm listing may be different in your computer as I'm running Windows 10.

i5 4690k | MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G | Swiftech H240-X | MSI Z97s SLI Krait Edition | Corsair Vengeance Pro 8gb ( 2x4gb ) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 850EVO 250gb SSD & WD Caviar Blue 1tb HDD | Fractal Design Define R5

HDMI cables can't run 144hz from my experience so switch the display cable to DVI. Make sure that you have actually enabled 144hz by going to your display settings>Advanced display settings>Display adapter properties. Under the " Monitor " tab, change the refresh rate to 144hz and click apply. Note that the text that I'm listing may be different in your computer as I'm running Windows 10.

Tried all of those already, but I actually got it to work on games, where adaptive refresh rate in nvidia control panel solved it. Everything outside of games still run at 60hz it seems though :/

Tried all of those already, but I actually got it to work on games, where adaptive refresh rate in nvidia control panel solved it. Everything outside of games still run at 60hz it seems though :/

That sounds about right.

That seems odd. Everything in the desktop, even the mouse pointer, moves much more smoothly in 144hz refresh rate.

i5 4690k | MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G | Swiftech H240-X | MSI Z97s SLI Krait Edition | Corsair Vengeance Pro 8gb ( 2x4gb ) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 850EVO 250gb SSD & WD Caviar Blue 1tb HDD | Fractal Design Define R5

That seems odd. Everything in the desktop, even the mouse pointer, moves much more smoothly in 144hz refresh rate.

Still the same issue, got all my games running at 144hz and tests in chrome is now showing 144hz, but mouse/windows is still the same :/