Bitfenix Prodigy Build

Luc401

I want to move to a smaller case for my current computer which is in my sig. I am moving the GPU, SSD, Cooler, and half the ram to the new computer. I think i want to go 4690K instead of a 6600k because of bend gate. I also have no clue what to buy for a mother board. PSU i have always had good luck with corsair AX series but still open to recommendations. I would like to spend under ~800$ CAD on these 4 parts. Im planing to overclock the shit out of the CPU.

What do you guys think I should get for a motherboard and what do you think of the options i have picket out so far.

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/qKbff7

|Casual Rig| CPU: i5-6600k |MoBo: ROG Gene  |GPU: Asus 670 Direct CU2 |RAM: RipJaws 2400MHz 2x8GB DDR4 |Heatsink: H100i |Boot Drive: Samsung Evo SSD 240GB|Chassis:BitFenix Prodigy |Peripherals| Keyboard:DasKeyboard, Cherry MX Blue Switches,|Mouse: Corsair M40

|Server Specs| CPU: i7-3770k [OC'd @ 4.1GHz] |MoBo: Sabertooth Z77 |RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 2x8GB |Boot Drive: Samsung 840 SSD 128GB|Storage Drive: 4 WD 3TB Red Drives Raid 5 |Chassis:Corsair 600t 

I want to move to a smaller case for my current computer which is in my sig. I am moving the GPU, SSD, Cooler, and half the ram to the new computer. I think i want to go 4690K instead of a 6600k because of bend gate. I also have no clue what to buy for a mother board. PSU i have always had good luck with corsair AX series but still open to recommendations. I would like to spend under ~800$ CAD on these 4 parts. Im planing to overclock the shit out of the CPU.

What do you guys think I should get for a motherboard and what do you think of the options i have picket out so far.

The bend gate issue is quite rare, its media blowing shit out of proportion like the bendy iPhone 6 ....

Buy the newest platform you can, Z97 is dying and that annoys me (check sig)

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($351.22 @ Vuugo)

Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  ($119.99 @ NCIX)

Case: BitFenix Prodigy M Arctic White MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($98.47 @ DirectCanada)

Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA GS 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($112.66 @ DirectCanada)

Total: $682.34

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-12-25 15:57 EST-0500

Just add a motherboard, I don't know enough about Matx Z170 to recommend one. If you can squeeze in faster DDr4 then even better

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

bitfenix prodigy....

MOD THE SHIT OUT OF IT

put an mAtx board in it from top to bottom or an E-ATX left to right

Rigs I've Built

The Striker i5 4590 @ 3.7 ||  MSI GTX 980 Armor X2 || Corsair RMX 750 || Team Elite Plus 8 GB || Define S || MSI Z97S SLI Krait

The Office PC i3 4160 @ 3.6 || Intel 4600 || EVGA 500B || G.Skill 8 GB || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M Pro4

The Friend PC G3258 @ 4.3 || Sapphire R9 280X Tri-X || EVGA 600B || 8 GB Dell Ram || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M- iTX/ac

The Mom Gaming PC A10-7890K @ 4.4 || iGPU + ASUS R7 250 ||  8 GB Klevv DDR3-2800 Mhz

Or buy the Prodigy M, which is the same size as the Prodigy but designed for an M-ATX motherboard. Then you do what I did and mod it to fit a full ATX motherboard and go to town!BCF1ADF3-B173-4FFE-BE7C-8D14B4EDF521.jpg

i7 6700k||Asus Z170-A||Powercolor R9 270X PCS+ 2GB||Bitfenix Prodigy M||16GB PNY Anarchy DDR4||Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD||Corsair CX850M power supply||Silverstone Tundra Series TD02-E AIO CPU cooling

Or buy the Prodigy M, which is the same size as the Prodigy but designed for an M-ATX motherboard. Then you do what I did and mod it to fit a full ATX motherboard and go to town!

Lol nice but i think id rather not mod it since it will be in transport a lot.

|Casual Rig| CPU: i5-6600k |MoBo: ROG Gene  |GPU: Asus 670 Direct CU2 |RAM: RipJaws 2400MHz 2x8GB DDR4 |Heatsink: H100i |Boot Drive: Samsung Evo SSD 240GB|Chassis:BitFenix Prodigy |Peripherals| Keyboard:DasKeyboard, Cherry MX Blue Switches,|Mouse: Corsair M40

|Server Specs| CPU: i7-3770k [OC'd @ 4.1GHz] |MoBo: Sabertooth Z77 |RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 2x8GB |Boot Drive: Samsung 840 SSD 128GB|Storage Drive: 4 WD 3TB Red Drives Raid 5 |Chassis:Corsair 600t 

I would still recommend the Prodigy M as motherboard choices are much better in the M-ATX range than the ITX range. It is dimensionally the same size as the original Prodigy and retains pretty much all the same features. I was really happy with the build quality of mine although cable management takes quite some time to get set up nicely. That's pretty much par for the course when working with a small case though.

i7 6700k||Asus Z170-A||Powercolor R9 270X PCS+ 2GB||Bitfenix Prodigy M||16GB PNY Anarchy DDR4||Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD||Corsair CX850M power supply||Silverstone Tundra Series TD02-E AIO CPU cooling

You have a pretty decent cpu and setup. Instead of changing that have you considered going with something like Lian-Li's ATX transportable case, http://www.lian-li.com/en/dt_portfolio/pc-tu300/?

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.