ASUS OR DELL

Aaron12345

okay I found these on Amazon, the ASUS is cheaper, on a larger discount and has more reviews.

The Dell I know is extremely talked about.

Which is better, I am swinging towards the ASUS, what do you think? 

ASUS:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Asus-MX239H-LED-backlit-Monitor-80000000/dp/B00A4K9KVG/ref=sr_1_7?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1451076288&sr=1-7&keywords=monitor

DELL:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dell-UltraSharp-U2414H-Widescreen-Monitor/dp/B00H3JIGHA/ref=sr_1_4?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1451076288&sr=1-4&keywords=monitor

Dell.

Better stand, VESA mount support, better port options, nicer look. (The ASUS cannot be vesa mounted without a special bracket to replace the stock stand, and the stock stand only allows for tilting vertically, no height adjust, no pivoting, etc...)

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

If you use dp then dell. Otherwise asus for better response time and contrast

I'm Linus too. (:

Get the Dell.

It has a better stand, better selection of display options, a usb hub, a factory calibrated profile for color accuracy and awesome warranty.

I'm one of the many people on these forums that own the U2414h.

I own and use, sorted from newest to oldest: SteelSeries 6Gv2. Microsoft SideWinder X4. Mionix Naos 7000. Zowie EC1 Evo. Microsoft SideWinder X8. Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0. Dell U2414H. Samsung P2270H. AKG K273 Pro. Sennheiser HD555. Razer Goliathus Speed Medium. Func 1030 L. Qpad CT Medium.

I used to own: Razer DeathAdder 3G. Razer Krait. IntelliMouse Optical 1.1. SteelSeries QcK.

If you use dp then dell. Otherwise asus for better response time and contrast

Should go read tft central reviews to get better understanding.

Corsair 760T White | Asus X99 Deluxe | Intel i7-5930k @ 4.4ghz | Corsair H110 | G.Skill Ripjawz 2400mhz | Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce G1 Gaming (1584mhz/8000mhz) | Corsair AX 760w | Samsung 850 pro | WD Black 1TB | IceModz Sleeved Cables | IceModz RGB LED pack

Get that u2414h or add 50 and get u2515h.

Corsair 760T White | Asus X99 Deluxe | Intel i7-5930k @ 4.4ghz | Corsair H110 | G.Skill Ripjawz 2400mhz | Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce G1 Gaming (1584mhz/8000mhz) | Corsair AX 760w | Samsung 850 pro | WD Black 1TB | IceModz Sleeved Cables | IceModz RGB LED pack

Dell has superior warranty as well.

Monitor has an issue? You get to keep the monitor while Dell ships your a replacement one. In the box of the replacement one, you have a prepaid shipping label. Just swamp the monitors, and stick the label over the old one, and call the appropriate mail carrier to come and pick it up. So say, you have a bright/stuck pixel, Dell has 1 or more policy on that (6 or more for dead pixels, no zone, or distance crap policy to not cover you), you still have a monitor that you can use, allowing you to use your system, while your replacement one arrives.

Although, you are in the U.K, so I don't know how this whole warranty thing works, as you are at the mercy of the retail store. I can only speak from North America stand point.