Best Portable mATX Case

Anniemoose98

Hi All,

I am building a new PC for going off to College. I am going mATX this time to get some more portability for going back and forth between school and home, plus LAN Parties. I settled on mATX to keep expandability options while also making it more portable than my current full-ATX in a 750D rig. I need a DVD drive for work. I'm looking to spend up to $125. Any suggestions for what case I should get? I need it to fit my Hyper 212 Evo which is a 150mm cooler.

Thanks!

BitFenix Prodigy M

[spoiler=My PC]

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K | COOLER: Corsair H105 | MOBO: ASUS Z170i Gaming Pro AC | RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 16GB 2400MHz | GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Classified | CASE: BitFenix Prodigy | SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB | PSU: XFX XTR 650W [spoiler= Le Other Stuff] Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z | Keyboard: Ozone Strike Pro | Mouse: A4 Tech X7 F4 | MousePad: Ozone

Spoiler
Spoiler

PlayStation 2 | PSP 2000 | Game Boy Color | Nintendo DS Lite | Nintendo 3DS | Wii

Spoiler

Sony Xperia J (Why u so bad D:) | iPod 4th gen | iPhone 4 | Yarvik Xenta 13c (3muchchrome5her)

Spoiler
Spoiler

Pentium B980 | 500GB WD Blue | Intel HD Graphixxx | 4Gegabeytes of REHAM

Current OS: MSX 10.0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)Ilikethelennyfaceyouknow( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Windows Password Reset Guide

BitFenix Prodigy M

I loved the look of that case but I've read a bunch of negative reviews about the case quality and the layout (PSU up front - I have an RM850, it's modular, so I guess that would help). Can you testify to the quality and ease of building in it at all? I'd also like a relatively quiet PC as I've grown accustomed to the lack of sound from my 750D.

I loved the look of that case but I've read a bunch of negative reviews about the case quality and the layout (PSU up front - I have an RM850, it's modular, so I guess that would help). Can you testify to the quality and ease of building in it at all? I'd also like a relatively quiet PC as I've grown accustomed to the lack of sound from my 750D.

Yea, the PSU layout is kinda bad on the M, seeing that if you want long gpu's or an ODD you have to go for a smaller PSU like a BitFenix Fury, Corsair AX or and XFX XTR.

I don't have the case, but Im getting the Prodigy (non M)

Ill try to see if anyone has a Prodigy M here!

[spoiler=My PC]

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K | COOLER: Corsair H105 | MOBO: ASUS Z170i Gaming Pro AC | RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 16GB 2400MHz | GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Classified | CASE: BitFenix Prodigy | SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB | PSU: XFX XTR 650W [spoiler= Le Other Stuff] Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z | Keyboard: Ozone Strike Pro | Mouse: A4 Tech X7 F4 | MousePad: Ozone

Spoiler
Spoiler

PlayStation 2 | PSP 2000 | Game Boy Color | Nintendo DS Lite | Nintendo 3DS | Wii

Spoiler

Sony Xperia J (Why u so bad D:) | iPod 4th gen | iPhone 4 | Yarvik Xenta 13c (3muchchrome5her)

Spoiler
Spoiler

Current OS: MSX 10.0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)Ilikethelennyfaceyouknow( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Windows Password Reset Guide

Yea, the PSU layout is kinda bad on the M, seeing that if you want long gpu's or an ODD you have to go for a smaller PSU like a BitFenix Fury, Corsair AX or and XFX XTR.

Thanks, man. I think it should fit... the RM 850 is really no longer than any other PSU. 

Sorry for the double post, but with a long PSU I lose my ODD? That case is a no go, then. I definitely need to keep that. What do you think about the Arc Mini R2?

So the main cases that I am looking at right now are the Arc Mini R2, the Prodigy M, and the TJ08B-E. Anyone here have any recommendations? I like the Arc Mini, but it seems massive for a mATX case. I like the look of the Prodigy, but the layout seems god-awful. I don't know much about the TJ08B-E, but I'm worried about size and noise levels.

Hi All,

I am building a new PC for going off to College. I am going mATX this time to get some more portability for going back and forth between school and home, plus LAN Parties. I settled on mATX to keep expandability options while also making it more portable than my current full-ATX in a 750D rig. I'm looking to spend up to $125. Any suggestions for what case I should get? I need it to fit my Hyper 212 Evo which is a 150mm cooler.

Thanks!

Thermaltake Core v21

• Great cooling (Liquid and air)
  • Small
  • Cube case
  • Comes with a huge fan

Main Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

Core i7-4770, Cryorig M9i Cooler, ASUS B85M GAMER, 8GB HyperX Fury Red 2x4GB 1866MHz, KFA2 GTX 970 Infin8 Black Edition "4GB", 1TB Seagate SSHD, 256GB Crucial m4 SSD, 60GB Corsair SSD for Kerbal and game servers, Thermaltake Core V21 Case, EVGA SuperNOVA 650W G2.

Secondary PC:

Spoiler

i5-2500k OCed, Raijintek Themis, Intel Z77GA-70K, 8GB HyperX Genesis in grey, GTX 750 Ti, Gamemax Falcon case.

Thermaltake Core v21

• Great cooling (Liquid and air)
  • Small
  • Cube case
  • Comes with a huge fan

I like the looks of it. Would it fit the 212 Evo?

EDIT: No DVD drive, which I need.

I like the looks of it. Would it fit the 212 Evo?

EDIT: No DVD drive, which I need.

Sorry, must have missed that. Maybe an external drive? And yes, it would fit the Evo.

Main Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

Core i7-4770, Cryorig M9i Cooler, ASUS B85M GAMER, 8GB HyperX Fury Red 2x4GB 1866MHz, KFA2 GTX 970 Infin8 Black Edition "4GB", 1TB Seagate SSHD, 256GB Crucial m4 SSD, 60GB Corsair SSD for Kerbal and game servers, Thermaltake Core V21 Case, EVGA SuperNOVA 650W G2.

Secondary PC:

Spoiler

i5-2500k OCed, Raijintek Themis, Intel Z77GA-70K, 8GB HyperX Genesis in grey, GTX 750 Ti, Gamemax Falcon case.

Sorry for the double post, but with a long PSU I lose my ODD? That case is a no go, then. I definitely need to keep that. What do you think about the Arc Mini R2?

Sadly, yes

[spoiler=My PC]

Spoiler

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler
Spoiler

Sadly, yes

Do you have any other suggestions then? I definitely need a DVD Drive.

What do you guys think of the TJ08B-E? The size seems about right for me.