Display cutting out

xXDeltaXx

Hi, I'm on my second AOC U3477PQU now (just arrived yesterday) and I'm experiencing the same / similar issues... so, instead of sending it back for another replacement, I figure that I should ask if anyone has seen these issues and knows if it is a monitor issue, or something else... before I send it back.

1st monitor (exchanged for a new replacement):

- Popping noises / screen cutting off and then back on a couple of seconds later. (sometimes when just turned on / coming out of sleep, other times just randomly)

- If the monitor goes to sleep for a few hours, it will not always turn back on. I have to cut the power to it (mains plug, the button next to the power input will not do it) to get the monitor to be detected...

- I bought a longer display port cable (5m) which will not work with this display... don't know why.

2nd monitor:

- Screen cutting off and then back on a couple of seconds later. (sometimes when just turned on / coming out of sleep, other times just randomly) *seems to be longer to come back on than the 1st monitor*

- If the monitor goes to sleep for a few hours, it will not always turn back on. I have to cut the power to it (mains plug, the button next to the power input will not do it) to get the monitor to be detected...
- Same longer cable won't work... maybe the cable is crap.
I've set DDC/CI to "No" after seeing somewhere that it could be the issue for the sleep issue, doesn't seem to have done anything.
I've checked that the monitor is set to Displayport 1.2

System Specs:
Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VIII Hero
CPU: Intel i7-6700K (not OC'd as of)
RAM: 32GB (4x 8GB) Corsair Vengeance LPX
GPU: ASUS Strix 980ti
Primary monitor: AOC U3477PQU (Connected via Displayport) @60Hz
Secondary monitor: Dell / Alienware2310 something or other (Connected via DVI) @120hz
GPU Diver: 359.06 - just about to update to the 361.43 (will post back if anything changes)

Apple, Piss Off! ~ Linus 2014

No, you're not hallucinating, or maybe you are... either way, I'm back. ~ Linus 2015

Related / unrelated...?

- I had to turn Windows Aero off a while back due to it bring the PC to a real slow down)

- I am noticing graphical issues with Firefox at times (one window over the top of another / if the edge overlaps Rainmeter) - Normally the scroll bar flickers to black

No, you're not hallucinating, or maybe you are... either way, I'm back. ~ Linus 2015

No real difference with the latest GPU driver... although, I have noticed that the Displayport signal seems to be dropping then coming back online (a bug I have seen on a PC at work using a DP to VGA adapter for a secondary screen).

The popping noise seems to tie in with the loss of signal (whether it be caused by the monitor of GPU).

• 1 month later...

After dealing with AOC - apparently, they found no issue with my 1st monitor...

60Hz from the ASUS Strix or the onboard video = loss of signal, and rarely refreshes back.
30Hz from the ASUS Strix = fine. No loss of signal, but painful to do anything with at 30 Hz
30Hz from the onboard = loss of signal, tends to recover OK, but not 100%
29Hz from the onboard = loss of signal, tends to recover OK, but not 100%

That is with 3 different cables: 2m (supplied with monitor), 5m "value", 3m Belkin... and the 5m doesn't work at 60Hz.

Short of pulling the Strix out from this PC and trying the onboard completely by it's self, I don't know what else to try from my PC's point of view...

I'm back e-mailing AOC... Also, someone else on the Tek's forum is having a similar issue...

• 1 month later...

Testing to date:

Screen Testing.JPG

• 9 months later...

+Don't worry, I have a very very similar issue, its not just you. I'm on my second u34777p1u now and it still is jittering like mad -makes me crazy-, first one used to pop AND jitter, for me its the right side of the screen that is the issue.
I'm currently using an msi gt72 with a display port to mini display port cable, although I've tried display port to display port on reference and aftermarket GTX970s and the same issue arises. HDMI seems to work fine, but I didnt buy this monitor to use 30 fps hdmi.

edit: now if it sleeps, it tends not to wake unless I cut power from the wall (replacement monitor) and turn the monitor off and on a few times.

• 7 months later...

Did either of you ever solve this problem? Has anyone ever solved this problem?

I have a Surface Pro 4 and Surface Dock, along with a Zotac VR Go.

I bought a Dell P2415Q for some 4K60 goodness. It was fine until the Win10 Creator's update, then it started cutting out all the time - usually a half second at a time, sometimes frequently, sometimes once every 10 or 20min. Video below. I got the Zotac VR Go (not mine, part of a work project) and realized it was doing the same thing at 4k60. HDMI worked fine, something I couldn't test on the Surface, but that was also at 4k30 since the P2415Q doesn't support HDMI 2.0. Dell shipped a replacement that did the same thing. I thought the monitor design was at fault, so I got a refund and bought a BenQ BL2711U. (Aside: I like it much better, very pleased with the upgrade). Sadly, this one does the SAME THING! Displayport seems to be the common denominator - it flashes when connected to the Surface Pro, via multiple miniDP to DP cables and via a miniDP-HDMI adapter. It also flashes when driven by the Zotac with anything DisplayPort. But not HDMI, as far as I can tell. 

How on earth do I fix this heap of crap?