Windows 10/NVidia Driver Issue

SwiiftYz

I upgraded to Windows 10 on day one and experienced next to no major bugs until now. I was updating my graphics card drivers and ran across an error (which I've been unable to repeat since) as they were updating in GeForce Experience. I'm currently running Windows 10 Pro 64Bit & Drivers 359.00 (11/19/2015). Whenever I restart my PC, I find that my drivers have just stopped working - they're still installed but not functioning at all and so I'm left with giant resolutions and the only way to fix this issue is by redownloading the old 359.00 drivers. Whenever I try to go past that version, the installer just hangs and causes me to have to restart halfway through the update.

Can anyone help me out at all?

post-107941-0-32710600-1450821673.png

CPU: i7 4770K @ 4.4Ghz | Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme 6 | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | GPU: 2x MSI GTX 970 Twin Frozr V 4GB | Case: Corsair Carbide 500R | Storage: 256GB Samsung Pro SSD | NAS: D-LINK DNS320L w/ 2x 3TB WDB | PSU: Corsair HX750 | Display: 27" ROG Swift PG278Q + 27" ASUS MX279H | Cooling: Corsair H100i | Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K70 RGB | Mouse: Razer Deathadder (2013) | Sound: Creative Soundblaster ZX | Headset: V-MODA M100 | DAC:  SMSL SD 793II DAC | Speakers: Logitech Z5000

Why not just keep the old drivers for now?

There's been some optimization on the latest releases, would like to take advantage of them.

CPU: i7 4770K @ 4.4Ghz | Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme 6 | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | GPU: 2x MSI GTX 970 Twin Frozr V 4GB | Case: Corsair Carbide 500R | Storage: 256GB Samsung Pro SSD | NAS: D-LINK DNS320L w/ 2x 3TB WDB | PSU: Corsair HX750 | Display: 27" ROG Swift PG278Q + 27" ASUS MX279H | Cooling: Corsair H100i | Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K70 RGB | Mouse: Razer Deathadder (2013) | Sound: Creative Soundblaster ZX | Headset: V-MODA M100 | DAC:  SMSL SD 793II DAC | Speakers: Logitech Z5000

It works for me, so i think its not a windows 10 problem, but, did you do a upgrade from 7 to 10 without cleaning the harddrive?

That is known to cause a lot of problems

Why not just keep the old drivers for now?

new games will run like shit though

Long live Stalin, he loves you; sing these words, or you know what he’ll do!

It works for me, so i think its not a windows 10 problem, but, did you do a upgrade from 7 to 10 without cleaning the harddrive?

That is known to cause a lot of problems

new games will run like shit though

It was a fresh install, however on my previous W10 install I never had this problem. 

I upgraded to Windows 10 on day one and experienced next to no major bugs until now. I was updating my graphics card drivers and ran across an error (which I've been unable to repeat since) as they were updating in GeForce Experience. I'm currently running Windows 10 Pro 64Bit & Drivers 359.00 (11/19/2015). Whenever I restart my PC, I find that my drivers have just stopped working - they're still installed but not functioning at all and so I'm left with giant resolutions and the only way to fix this issue is by redownloading the old 359.00 drivers. Whenever I try to go past that version, the installer just hangs and causes me to have to restart halfway through the update.

Can anyone help me out at all?

Download new drivers from Nvidia website.

Don't use Geforce Experience to update drivers.

Already done, hasn't made a difference.

downloading drivers from Geforce Experience works perfectly fine for most people, but for those that it doesnt work for because of some reson, download it from the nvidia website or re-install Geforce Experience

It was a fresh install, however on my previous W10 install I never had this problem. 

Did you do that fresh install recently?

If not, then uninstall your drivers, and maybe even clean them using DDU, and then install them again

Did you do that fresh install recently?

If not, then uninstall your drivers, and maybe even clean them using DDU, and then install them again

I'll give that a shot now, I just decided to try updating them to the newer release (12/22/2015) and found that after restarting some 'form' of driver is present but this is my DxDiag after installing 361.43