Won't Power On

Piggy
Go to solution Solved by Tsuki,

no its plugged into a picture frame

thats probably your problem then.  the 12v power given to some picture frames(like those fancy ones you plug usb drives into to change the picture and shit) isnt quite enough to power your pc.  consider plugging it directly into the wall and see if that resolves your issue.

Title says it all. Replaced the CPU Cooler with something lower profile, go to turn it on, nothing happens. My mobo is an ASUS ROG Maximus Impact VI, usually when the mobo has power it lights up the start button on the mobo, but it's not doing that. My case has a built in power supply, I honestly don't think it's the power supply, although I could be wrong.

PC Specs:

New Compact Build

CPU: i7 8700k (Delidded)  |  GPU: EVGA GTX 1070Ti ACX 3.0 Black  |  Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty Z370 Gaming  |  Case: EVGA Hadron Air    

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 3000MHz  |  SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB  |  Monitor: ASUS PB287Q

OS: Windows 10  |  Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB  |  Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus  |  Headphones: Steelseries Arctis 5

Surface Book 2 15"

CPU: i7 8650U  |  GPU: GTX 1060M  |  RAM: 16GB DDR3

Did you plug in the CPU cable?

All power is plugged in

PC Specs:

New Compact Build

CPU: i7 8700k (Delidded)  |  GPU: EVGA GTX 1070Ti ACX 3.0 Black  |  Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty Z370 Gaming  |  Case: EVGA Hadron Air    

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 3000MHz  |  SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB  |  Monitor: ASUS PB287Q

OS: Windows 10  |  Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB  |  Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus  |  Headphones: Steelseries Arctis 5

Surface Book 2 15"

I'm positive everything is right

PC Specs:

New Compact Build

Surface Book 2 15"

Everythings got to be plugged in, double/triple check, no other issue can happen apart from your power button being broken.

Ryzen 5 1600 - GTX 980 Ti - Broke.

is it possible I shorted the board? considering its not lighting up even when plugged in

PC Specs:

New Compact Build

Surface Book 2 15"

is it possible I shorted the board? considering its not lighting up even when plugged in

Did you ground yourself?

Project Pluto
i3 4170 MSI H97 PC Mate MSI R9 380 2GD5T @ 1095MHz Kingston HyperX Fury Blue 2x4gb @ 1600MhzWD 1TB Blue • be quiet! Pure Rock • NZXT S340 Black XFX TS 550w • BenQ GW2265HM

Did you ground yourself?

Every 15 minutes or so, yeah.

PC Specs:

New Compact Build

Surface Book 2 15"

Were you working on a carpet? On a conductive table? Wearing staticy clothes?

Thy hath sinneth, and in thy life thou hast fallen to an unholy, unspeakable level of humanity. Thou hast given into your basest needs. And suffered many years under thine Satan-box. However, if thine be willing, as thy hast show yourself to be, thy can ascendeth into thy glorious fold of the glorious church. Go well, my brother, may your temps be low and your frames high. ~ MrDynamicMan

Then I think you accidently bumped into a cable. Make sure everything is completely plugged in

Project Pluto
i3 4170 MSI H97 PC Mate MSI R9 380 2GD5T @ 1095MHz Kingston HyperX Fury Blue 2x4gb @ 1600MhzWD 1TB Blue • be quiet! Pure Rock • NZXT S340 Black XFX TS 550w • BenQ GW2265HM

Were you working on a carpet? On a conductive table? Wearing staticy clothes?

On hardwood, on a wood table, not particularly staticy clothes, just jeans and a t shirt

PC Specs:

New Compact Build

Surface Book 2 15"

if the mobo doesnt even light up its probably the psu try swapping one, is it turned on?

if the mobo doesnt even light up its probably the psu try swapping one, is it turned on?

Yes, it's turned on, can't swap it, it's a very specific one for this case

PC Specs:

New Compact Build

Surface Book 2 15"

also don't have another one in the house atm

PC Specs:

New Compact Build

Surface Book 2 15"

is it plugged into the wall?

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

is it plugged into the wall?

PC Specs:

New Compact Build

Surface Book 2 15"

Alright I think I got it figured out, pulled it out of the case, its running fine, something in the case must be touching it and causing it to short

PC Specs:

New Compact Build

Surface Book 2 15"

thats probably your problem then.  the 12v power given to some picture frames(like those fancy ones you plug usb drives into to change the picture and shit) isnt quite enough to power your pc.  consider plugging it directly into the wall and see if that resolves your issue.

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.