Second monitor has yellow tint and its distorted

Hi everyone,

So I bought myself a new monitor and decided to put an old one as a second. Now my main monitor is running over HDMI (AMD 970 OC Edition) and I plug in my second monitor over DVI adapter that I connected to VGA. After that everything is okay but my monitor has yellow tint and its distorted (hurts my eyes a lot). I tried changing those presets with the color and stuff and nothing. I even plugged it to VGA on my motherboard and nothing. Funny thing is, I already used that old monitor as a primary and it worked good, but when I put it as a second it has a problem. Can anyone help me solve this please ?

Might have something to do with your VGA to DVI adapter. Have you got another one you can try?

Try moving the VGA cable a bit. If the screen flickers and returns to normal then back to yellow you have a bad monitor cable.

The only thing we have to fear is... Stupidity...

Might have something to do with your VGA to DVI adapter. Have you got another one you can try?

Tried, still nothing. What do you think, should I get VGA to HDMI and try that ?

Tried, still nothing. What do you think, should I get VGA to HDMI and try that ?

I guess you could try. I remember being at school and fucking around with the old CRT monitors, we could make them go funky colours by loosening up the VGA cable quite a bit.

Try and clean out the cable and the port on card as well, might be a bit of dust in there or something.