Comcast Router/Modem Thing....

Rasmuff

So a while ago, actually quite some time ago, I got one of those new Comcast router/modem combo units sent to me in the mail to upgrade to. Every since then I have had one kinda weird problem with the wireless.

I'm assuming the modem is doing its job correctly because my tv and phone work correctly.

On the router side, everything with my wired internet works great (I assume).

BUT, the wireless side of this router/modem thing is a little weird. Connecting phones and laptops work fine and they work at pretty fast speeds. BUT, anything like, My chromecast, roku, Samsung smart TV, Xbox 360(I think, can't remember) can't connect to the internet.

I first discovered this with my Chromecast after I upgraded the router/modem. The Chromecast can find the router, connect to the router but not connect to the internet.

This issue also was relevant with my 4k Samsung Smart TV and I borrowed my parents Roku and that had the same problem.

I've tried fiddling around with the router side settings to maybe free up different channels and frequencies that those devices use but have not had any luck.

Has anyone else experienced this? If so let me know how you might have fixed it.

Otherwise does anyone know whats wrong or what I might have done wrong?

Thanks for the help!

i7-4770k | Asus Maximus VI Hero | Corsair H100i | 1080ti  | G.Skill TridentX 32GB 2400Mhz | Samsung EVO 1TB SSD | Corsair RM1000i | Fractal Design Define R4 | LG 27GL83A

^ this. I've tried explaining to my parents that this is why our 2.4GHz network doesn't work anymore and I had to replace it with a Ubiquiti UAP and a spare netgear router I had. Comcast uses garbage equipment.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X @ 4.7GHz | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 | Motherboard: X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI | RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB | Case: NCase M1 v6.0 | SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo+ 1TB, 860 Evo 1TB | CPU Cooler: H100i ELITE CAPELLIX | MonitorsLG 27GN950-B 4K 165Hz |

So a while ago, actually quite some time ago, I got one of those new Comcast router/modem combo units sent to me in the mail to upgrade to. Every since then I have had one kinda weird problem with the wireless.

I'm assuming the modem is doing its job correctly because my tv and phone work correctly.

On the router side, everything with my wired internet works great (I assume).

BUT, the wireless side of this router/modem thing is a little weird. Connecting phones and laptops work fine and they work at pretty fast speeds. BUT, anything like, My chromecast, roku, Samsung smart TV, Xbox 360(I think, can't remember) can't connect to the internet.

I first discovered this with my Chromecast after I upgraded the router/modem. The Chromecast can find the router, connect to the router but not connect to the internet.

This issue also was relevant with my 4k Samsung Smart TV and I borrowed my parents Roku and that had the same problem.

I've tried fiddling around with the router side settings to maybe free up different channels and frequencies that those devices use but have not had any luck.

Has anyone else experienced this? If so let me know how you might have fixed it.

Otherwise does anyone know whats wrong or what I might have done wrong?

Thanks for the help!

Simple, don't use the piece of shit gateway they gave you. They don't usually work right anyway.

yea. I suggest buying your own modem that has docsys 3,0 and your own router. I have an ethernet modem (kinda old but it runs at 4.0MB/s) and a netgear wndr3700v2

Buy your own equipment. You pay a rental fee every month for the trash Comcast gives you. The fee where I live is $10 a month. Over a 12 month period thats $120. That can buy me a good modem and a decent router that will perform 1000 times better then the trash Comcast rents you. Please for the love of all that is holy, stop giving Comcast more money

PC Audio Setup = Beyerdynamic DT 770 pro 80 ohm and Sennheiser pc37x (also for xbox) hooked up to Schiit Fulla 3