Clonezilla Not Loading

chriswong180
Go to solution Solved by chriswong180,

Oh don't worry - I solved it myself.

1. Open the 'Advanced Settings' tab if you haven't done so already by default.

2. On my Asus motherboard options, there is a tag for 'Secure Boot'. 

3. Next it asks for OS Type or something like that, in this case, it was set to 'Windows OS', or something like that.

4. Toggle settingto 'Other OS', this will then mean that it will run Clonezilla without dismay.

Remember to switch it back afterwards!

I'm attempting to remember this from off my head, so there might be slight differences to the actual version.  :)

Hey guys,

So I've been trying to find a way of cloning my hard drive to test it with a new one, as I'm worried it might have some issues, so I tried to clone it. However, it's really hard to find a free cloning tool that works for me, so I turned to Clonezilla. I followed all the appropriate steps to put it on a USB stick - I've tested it with another computer and it boots into Clonezilla. However when I try it on my proper gaming rig PC, it won't work, instead giving me this nasty message. (Attachment added below of screenshot).

Can someone please help me! If it helps, I'm using an Asus motherboard.

Thanks,

Chris

Do you guys think this might be an Asus BIOS thing or have I done like a wrong setting?

• 1 month later...

Oh don't worry - I solved it myself.

1. Open the 'Advanced Settings' tab if you haven't done so already by default.

2. On my Asus motherboard options, there is a tag for 'Secure Boot'. 

3. Next it asks for OS Type or something like that, in this case, it was set to 'Windows OS', or something like that.

4. Toggle settingto 'Other OS', this will then mean that it will run Clonezilla without dismay.

Remember to switch it back afterwards!

I'm attempting to remember this from off my head, so there might be slight differences to the actual version.  :)