PCH and GPU temps high

Scruffy90

I was looking at my temps today and noticed that my GPU and PCH temps are higher than the rest of my system. The rest of my system sits at about 35 Deg C while my PCH and GPU are at 60 C. What is a good way to lower these temps (besides raising fan speed on GPU). GPU is a PNY GTX 670.

Side note - Can someone tell me what the PCH is and why it would have a higher temp than the rest of my sytem?

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

I was looking at my temps today and noticed that my GPU and PCH temps are higher than the rest of my system. The rest of my system sits at about 35 Deg C while my PCH and GPU are at 60 C. What is a good way to lower these temps (besides raising fan speed on GPU). GPU is a PNY GTX 670.

Side note - Can someone tell me what the PCH is and why it would have a higher temp than the rest of my sytem?

PHC are good up to around 80C so it's not really an issue most times it can get fairly hot since it is sandwiched between the board and GPU most times. If add a fan near the GPU area to give it some more incidental airflow it can help at times.

PCH is mobo temp and known to be little off anyway. Just ignore it. GPU temp gets lower when you adjust fan speed for higher. If that doesn't help, you will need to check if case airflow is ok.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv