Windows 10 taking up space on my W7 machine

Est_Rain

Windows 10 update snuck up on me on a sleepy morning and I accidentally clicked "ok" on the update when it popped up on my screen afther I booted into w7. So it reserved space on my SSD for it. Tho I cancellec the download. Space is still lost, space is precious on my 120. How do I get rid of the reserved w10 spot on my SSD?

Just go for W10, it's decent.

Wont I then lose my copy of SiMs that I may or may not have aquired with unconventional means? And wont they steal my anime fan-art, I hear they like to spy on people a lot more with w10.

Wont I then lose my copy of SiMs that I may or may not have aquired with unconventional means? And wont they steal my anime fan-art, I hear they like to spy on people a lot more with w10.

The spying isn't anything less in W7, Vista or XP.

Is there a folder on your C: drive that is labeled windows 10?

The spying isn't anything less in W7, Vista or XP.

But I will still lose my copy of SIMS?

Windows 10 update snuck up on me on a sleepy morning and I accidentally clicked "ok" on the update when it popped up on my screen afther I booted into w7. So it reserved space on my SSD for it. Tho I cancellec the download. Space is still lost, space is precious on my 120. How do I get rid of the reserved w10 spot on my SSD?

If you wanna save some space you can remove the files for the previous version of Windows. There are some YouTube videos that show you how to do this, but once you remove the files of your previous version of Windows, you won't be able to turn back if you choose that Windows 10 isn't for you. 

All in all, you'll save around the same disk space you had in your previous version of Windows. 

Is there a folder on your C: drive that is labeled windows 10?

Nope, but I do know I am missing abot 10 GB 

You can try using spacesniffer to find where the files have gone. :)

PC SPECS: CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.4GHz - Mobo: Asrock Extreme 4 (Z77) - GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr 2GB - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB (8GB) 1600MHz CL8 + 1x8GB - Storage: SSD: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W semi modular  - Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  - OS: Windows 7

Doesn't matter with all this spying stuff, its been in Windows since at least 7, while its annoying if you want to use Windows there is nothing you can really do, if you don't want to be spied on go live in the middle of no where, although google can still spy on you then.

Seriously this spying thing is completely out of proportion, its unlikely to affect you.

Plus there not going to steal or delete things, mainly because you can claim hacking against them if you can prove it, Although without Wireshark running 24/7 good luck proving it.

If your so scared of been spied on use Trisquel Linux, but then swap all your hardware for FOSS stuff and become a stalmanite, if you want to use your PC don't worry about it.

What does an Transformer get? Life insurance or car insurance? - Russell Howard - Standup (Made me giggle a bit)