X99 Extreme 4 motherboard problems....i think

2161799B

Hello,

I just built my first pc yesterday and was very excited when it turned on. However there is no video output. I do not have speakers but i plan on getting cheap ones to see if there are any beeps. Otherwise that is pretty much it, here is the system I built. 

AsRock x99 extreme 4 motherboard

Intel i7 5820k  cpu

GTX 970 Zotac gpu

EVGA supernova 650 watt

Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2133 Mhz (4X4 16GB)

1TB seagate 

250 GB samsung 850 evo

be quiet dark rock 3 silent wings cpu cooler 190w

Fractal define R4

LG blueray writter

Just some added info, the power has restarted itself but only twice after i turned it off and turned it back on. Also the ram was a pain to install, so not sure if i was too forceful with it.  

Thank you for all your help 

I would double check your ram. Make sure you didnt install it upside down some how as some x99 MBs the ram slots are flipped on either side...

Well, make SURE the gpu has power to it, and make sure everything else does too. I myself sometimes forget the CPU power cable which does make it not output video.

CPU: INTEL Core i7 4790k @ 4.7Ghz - Cooling: NZXT Kraken X61 - Mobo: Gigabyte Z97X SLI - RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ares 2400mhz - GPU: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 Fury 4G - Case: Phanteks P350X - PSU: EVGA 750GQ - Storage: WD Black 1TB - Fans: 2x Noctua NF-P14s (Push) / 2x Corsair AF140 (Pull) / 3x Corsair AF120 (Exhaust) - Keyboard: Corsair K70 Cherry MX Red - Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma

Bit of an AMD fan I suppose. I don't bias my replies to anything however, I just prefer AMD and their products. Buy whatever the H*CK you want. 

---QUOTE ME OR I WILL LIKELY NOT REPLY---

Well, make SURE the gpu has power to it, and make sure everything else does too. I myself sometimes forget the CPU power cable which does make it not output video.

I would double check your ram. Make sure you didnt install it upside down some how as some x99 MBs the ram slots are flipped on either side...

Yep just double checked to make sure the Ram was in the correct way and it is. As for the power i plugged in the GPU 4 pin molly in the first PCIe slot (although EVGA has 4 on one cord which makes it look awkward as heck). So i am certain the gpu is getting power, if the fans are spinning i am assuming so that is and i have the 8 pin pcie plugs in

Yep just double checked to make sure the Ram was in the correct way and it is. As for the power i plugged in the GPU 4 pin molly in the first PCIe slot (although EVGA has 4 on one cord which makes it look awkward as heck). So i am certain the gpu is getting power, if the fans are spinning i am assuming so that is and i have the 8 pin pcie plugs in

alright, have you tried any other GPU (if you have one)?

CPU: INTEL Core i7 4790k @ 4.7Ghz - Cooling: NZXT Kraken X61 - Mobo: Gigabyte Z97X SLI - RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ares 2400mhz - GPU: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 Fury 4G - Case: Phanteks P350X - PSU: EVGA 750GQ - Storage: WD Black 1TB - Fans: 2x Noctua NF-P14s (Push) / 2x Corsair AF140 (Pull) / 3x Corsair AF120 (Exhaust) - Keyboard: Corsair K70 Cherry MX Red - Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma

Bit of an AMD fan I suppose. I don't bias my replies to anything however, I just prefer AMD and their products. Buy whatever the H*CK you want. 

---QUOTE ME OR I WILL LIKELY NOT REPLY---

alright, have you tried any other GPU (if you have one)?

Sorry do not have another one. I mean i keep pushing down on some of the component (just hard enough that i know there in) to see if it is maybe a loss power supply but  i get nothing.