Project Shiva

KWelz

This started off as a desire to play with the new Corsair 600C case and maybe build my home server in it.  

Once I picked up the case I decided to move my main system over.   So a few other upgrades were planned and things kind of went from there.   

First some thoughts on the case.   

Pros:   

• Extremely good build quality.   
  • Well thought out locations for Dirves and SSDs
  • Cables are easy to hide.   Except for the 24 Pin and VGA power you don't see any cables.  
  • Fairly flexible build options.  
  • Amazing view of the internals.  
  • Build in Fan speed controller has perfect levels.  
  • Good quality fan filters.
  • Solid Top is great for Cat owners.   :D

• Cons:
  • Inverted Layout may not be for everyone.  
  • Side window scratches easily.  
  • While they didn't quite lie about what radiators you can fit in the case, they do leave out some details.   
  • Limited storage locations.  
  • Lower cable holes do not have grommets so you can see the cables behind them.  
  • Front panel must be removed to remove front fan filter and this is a pain to do.  

The challenge was fitting the following components.  

CPU: 

Logic Board:

• Asus X99 Deluxe.  

GPU:

• EVGA 980 Ti.

Memory:

• 32GB Crucial Balistix Sport 2400Mhz 

Storage:

• Samsung 950 Pro 256Gb
  • Samsung 850 Evo 500Gb x4
  • SanDisk Extreme II 960Gb
  • Seagate Barracuda 2Tb x 2
  • Blu-ray Drive

Cooling:

• EK DDC 250mm tall X-Res
  • 360mm Radiator.
  • 240mm Radiator. 
  • Corsair SP120 x5

I wish I had taken photos as I went but I honestly thought this would be a quick case swap.  Oh how foolish I was.  

From the start I knew thoughts would be interesting.  While Corsair was indeed correct that you can fit a 240 in the front and a 360 on the floor, notice that they never mention using them both at the same time.   This is for good reason.  

As you can see in these photos, putting these two radiators together in the case make things more than a little tight.  

20151215_225049.jpg

That bend was a real pain in the @%$

2015_12_14_09_40_05.jpg

By the time you Put fans on the Radiators there is almost no room left.  I tried putting the fans between the case and Radiators.  However the geometry doesn't work.  So I am stuck with this configuration.   My biggest complaint is the stickers.  I plan to do something to cover those in the next few days. 

Overall the best way to describe this build would be tight.  Everything about it was tight.  Bends int he tubing, space between radiators.  Space between the Res and Graphics card....

20151215_231809.jpg

Did I mention it is tight!

As you can see I also forgot to take out the divider.  Thankfully it isn't visible normally like it is in the photo.   

To fill the Res I have to remove the Optical drive and one of the Hard drives since this is the only way to get to the top of the Res.  

Overall the Water cooling on this was painful.  Literally and figuratively.  Lots of cuts.  

I also had a Major leak from the Res.   I thought it was tight enough and was very wrong.  So I lost a lot of coolant.  I am still cleaning it off components.    I ended up having to twist it another complete revolution which required a lot of torque.  

In the end the system looks good.  And it performs great.  But it is too much for this case.   I have no plans to change it.  But if I had to do it over again I would have stepped back and changed a few things.   

Anyway, Here she is in all her glory.   

2015_12_14_09_22_07.jpg

2015_12_14_09_26_29.jpg

2015_12_14_09_39_25.jpg

20151214_210440.jpg

And finally some Firestrike goodness.  

http://www.3dmark.com/fs/6803112

Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Your pictures are broken :(

Pro Tip: don't use flash when taking pictures of your build; use a longer exposure instead. Prop up your camera with something (preferably a tripod) if necessary.

if you use retarded/autistic/etc to mean stupid please gtfo

Oops.  Give me a second. 

Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

There they should work now. 

Wow! That is be-au-ti-ful! I really love white/black builds. Very nice job cramming all that hardware in there. Only thing I would change is flip the radiator fans other way around, just for the esthetics. It would change the airflow a bit but its should actually be better because it wont suck up any dust off the floor, even though you have fan filters.

Disregard females, acquire currency

Well I keep it on my desk so I am not as worried about dust.   I have considered flipping the bottom fans around but really want to keep positive air pressure.    There is no flipping the front fans.   Doing so would require removing the Res, and that isn't happening anytime soon.  

Beautiful build. I would have picked a case with normal orientation for the mb, but otherwise is nice

Beautiful build. I would have picked a case with normal orientation for the mb, but otherwise is nice

Honestly This case with a normal orientation would be amazing.   And yeah I think I would like it more.   but overall I really like how the case is put together except for that.