MrChing

Hello my friends I have a problem with my new computer

specs

Motherboard gigabyte F2A88XD3H

CPU athlon X4 860K

GPU 750ti

Ram hyperx fury ram (2x4)

PSu evga 500w 

so today i got my parts and when i put it together i got to the boot screen and then it shut down and restarted. I tried restarted the cmos and checking each of the ram slots however they did not work. Cpu has solid contact and all power is plugged in. do i need to get a new motherboard.

i have not added the hard drive or installed windows

HEEELPPP plz

Hello my friends I have a problem with my new computer

specs

Motherboard gigabyte F2A88XD3H

CPU athlon X4 860K

GPU 750ti

Ram hyperx fury ram (2x4)

PSu evga 500w 

so today i got my parts and when i put it together i got to the boot screen and then it shut down and restarted. I tried restarted the cmos and checking each of the ram slots however they did not work. Cpu has solid contact and all power is plugged in. do i need to get a new motherboard.

i have not added the hard drive or installed windows

HEEELPPP plz

what speed is the ram?

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

you might need to manually run it at 1600mhz.

my motherboard wouldnt run my ram at 1866mhz so its running at 1600mhz.

get your old ram and put it in, get into the bios, set the ram to 1333mhz or 1600mhz depending on the speed your old ram is, turn off computer, plug new ram in and see if it boots into the bios.

if it does boot, manually set the ram to 1600mhz, save and exit. see if it boots.

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

you might need to manually run it at 1600mhz.

my motherboard wouldnt run my ram at 1866mhz so its running at 1600mhz

i cannot access the bios screen i see it for a second but after it shuts off i cannot access the settings

i cannot access the bios screen i see it for a second but after it shuts off i cannot access the settings

read the original post, i edited it.

Old Rig

maybe you have the wrong bios for the cpu?

pull 1 stick of ram. leave in farthest slot from cpu. reset cmos and reboot. keep hitting the del key. see if you can get in bios.

alright i will try that thank you i will update once i get it 

If your not able to get into bios at all,it might be a faulty motherboard / power supply. But yea first check ram. The motherboard also looks like it doesn't have a speaker, so if you are able to get one you could listen to the code and look it up.

If your not able to get into bios at all,it might be a faulty motherboard / power supply. But yea first check ram. The motherboard also looks like it doesn't have a speaker, so if you are able to get one you could listen to the code and look it up.

The motherboard produces one beep so I think that means all systems are good. Could it still be my motherboard that is the problem?

it's the bios. won't support the newer cpu. either take a chance on an old cheap dual core and do a bios update or swap out for a new board that might support the cpu you have out of the box. i would try the old cpu and do the flash.