Overclocking watercooled msi r9 290x

TankError144
Go to solution Solved by tbroadwater2010,

just need what numbers i should put in afterburner, i have a thermaltake 1200W 80+ gold PSU if that helps

Each card will perform differently. You should slowly bump up the clock speeds until you get a crash, Bump up for voltage A LITTLE and continue untl you have reached a temperature you feel is safe and will not harm the GPU and a voltage that is not dangerous.

When you get to that threshold, back off a little and run a 4 or 5 hour test on it. 24 hours is recommended but no less than 4!

just need what numbers i should put in afterburner, i have a thermaltake 1200W 80+ gold PSU if that helps

Start by going up by around 50 mhz, then going up by 10 from there. I use MSI Afterburner for the temps and oc'ing, and Unigene Heaven for the testing. 

And if you start seeing artifacting or crashing, either turn down the oc, or preferably turn up the voltage staying within temps under 90c. 

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

Each card will perform differently. You should slowly bump up the clock speeds until you get a crash, Bump up for voltage A LITTLE and continue untl you have reached a temperature you feel is safe and will not harm the GPU and a voltage that is not dangerous.

When you get to that threshold, back off a little and run a 4 or 5 hour test on it. 24 hours is recommended but no less than 4!

Intel Core i7-6700k | 2 X Gigabyte 4GB GTX 970 Overclocked Edition | 16GB (4X4GB) DDR4 2133MHz Corsair Dominator Platinum | MasterCase Pro 5

ASUS Z170 Deluxe Motherboard | 256GB Samsung 840 Pro + Seagate 2TB Storage | Corsair Hydro H80i GT | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | Corsair HX850i