SLI on Z87

Go to solution Solved by Vitalius,

Go with the Gigabtye Z87 board. You will not notice a difference between 2 3.0 x16 PCI-e slots and a 3.0 x16 with a 2.0 x16 slot.

Only Dual GPU cards can saturate 2.0 x16 fully, so it should be completely fine.

Hey!

Recently I have decided to upgrade from ITX to ATX due the fact that i'd like to SLI my 760 in the future.

But do I have to purchase a more expensive board like the Z87X-OC (from gigabyte) or can it be handled with a x16 3.0 & x16 2.0 slot without having major decreases in performance compared to double 3.0 x16

Else I'd prefer to go with the Z87X-D3H from Gigabyte

Thanks in advance

Kind regards

Pruxis

Go with the Gigabtye Z87 board. You will not notice a difference between 2 3.0 x16 PCI-e slots and a 3.0 x16 with a 2.0 x16 slot.

Only Dual GPU cards can saturate 2.0 x16 fully, so it should be completely fine.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Thank you :)