h100i broke, need alternative

bily1337

So here is what happend

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/504096-cpu-overheating-problem/?p=6730079#entry6730079

So my question now is.. is hyper 212 evo

Enough for the 5820k at default for

Light productivity like after effects

And games like BF4 and cs:go?

i would buy a nh d15 or dark rock pro 3 and start overclocking.. you should definetly do it on that chip.

RIG #14670k @4.4 / 1.25v vcore. @ 4.5 / 1.3v vcore/ 1.95v vccin. MSI GAMING 4G GTX 970 @1540/3700 1.275v BIOS MOD. 16GB Kingston HyperX Savage RAM 2400mhz. MSI GAMING 5 Z97 MOBOFractal Design Define S. Dark Rock Pro 3. 850 EVO 250GB Seasonic M12II 620w
RIG #2: 4790k @ 4.6 / 1.25v vcore. EVGA SC ACX 2.0 980 SLI16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz. Asus MAXIMUS VII Hero Z97. Fractal Design Define R5. NH D15. 850 EVO 250GB AX 860

Personally, Noctua fans are good IMO but they look %%%% therefore, I prefer the Dark Rock Pro 3, sure it's a pain to install one of the bolts, but it does the job wonderfully. Make sure you have low-profile RAM tho. And relating to @Patrick Bateman, start overclocking! It's fun to see how far you can push your CPU and trust me, choose one of these fans and you'll be extremely impressed.

But sadly, yes. The Hyper 212 EVO should cool it down to reasonable temps with minor OCs. 

I invested a lot in this bould cuz of the performance and the durability of each and every component.. But somehow i ran to this kind of problems like the premium cooling dies after 1 year of using.. Out of nothing... I dont overclock cuz of the rish that is unnecessary and the cpu is ridiculously fast there is no point of risking (at least for my needs)

So now i need something nice and durable and u guess with air cooling does not comes this kind of proboems... And the EVO is in my local store and i could buy it now and its cheap.. So thas why im asking will it do the job? Thanks again for the replays

I invested a lot in this bould cuz of the performance and the durability of each and every component.. But somehow i ran to this kind of problems like the premium cooling dies after 1 year of using.. Out of nothing... I dont overclock cuz of the rish that is unnecessary and the cpu is ridiculously fast there is no point of risking (at least for my needs)

So now i need something nice and durable and u guess with air cooling does not comes this kind of proboems... And the EVO is in my local store and i could buy it now and its cheap.. So thas why im asking will it do the job? Thanks again for the replays

It's more than enough for cooling and would allow room for a moderate oc.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.