Case fan orientations?

admiraleddy24
Go to solution Solved by The Cool n00B,

I had never thought of reversing them like that especially the air cooler. Thanks for the tip.

I wouldn't do it myself (but don't ask me why) but it should get similar cooling performance.

EDIT: Forgot what the 600Q was until I just Googled it :D. The best setup would either be the stock one or the one I mentioned.

I want to buy a corsair 600q. I have 2x140 fans for the front, 3x120 for the bottom and the 140 rear. How should I orient these fans? Fronts and bottom as intake? Rear only exhaust? Or? Suggestions? I will be using a Nh-d15 air cooler.

Whatever provides the least air resistance, which keeping an overall positive pressure in the case. What that means is, don't have all fans blowing in or there will be no airflow and will be loud. Don't have all fans blowing out as that will attract shit tons of dust.

I would say bottom and back fan(s) as intakes and the front exhaust, and then orient the CPU cooler to blow the warm air towards the front.

My rig: Intel Core i7-8700K OC 4.8 | NZXT Kraken X62 | ASUS Z370-F | 16 GB Trident Z RGB 3000 (2x8) | EVGA 1070 SC | EVGA SuperNova NEX650G1 | NZXT H700 | Samsung 250GB 850-EVO | 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs 

Whatever provides the least air resistance, which keeping an overall positive pressure in the case. What that means is, don't have all fans blowing in or there will be no airflow and will be loud. Don't have all fans blowing out as that will attract shit tons of dust.

I would say bottom and back fan(s) as intakes and the front exhaust, and then orient the CPU cooler to blow the warm air towards the front.

I had never thought of reversing them like that especially the air cooler. Thanks for the tip.

I wouldn't do it myself (but don't ask me why) but it should get similar cooling performance.

EDIT: Forgot what the 600Q was until I just Googled it :D. The best setup would either be the stock one or the one I mentioned.

My rig: Intel Core i7-8700K OC 4.8 | NZXT Kraken X62 | ASUS Z370-F | 16 GB Trident Z RGB 3000 (2x8) | EVGA 1070 SC | EVGA SuperNova NEX650G1 | NZXT H700 | Samsung 250GB 850-EVO | 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs