This is really weird.

So my Antec 650 water cooler broke today, with idle temps reaching 70 degrees on my fx 6300 at 4.2 Ghz. Before this, I used to get an idle temp of 30 C and load of 65 C, however, i replaced it with my deep cool 20$ CAD air cooler that I bought 1 year ago with my full build. Now i oc'ed to 4.5 ghz at 1.45 volts, and idle is 25 C and load is 44 C. Im never using AIO liquid cooling again, il just buy air coolers as the water cooler's maintenance and installing was not even worth it. 

well, if an air cooler breaks you just get the passive dissipation it offers.

if a watercooler breaks you can have either the passive dissipation of the rad (when fans fail), whatever cooling it provides when the pump dies, or a shower of coolant when a hose snaps.

on top of that with big tower coolers being more silent, thats my choice made...

This is why I bought a dark rock pro.

yay for coolers made from razor blades :P

(seriously tho, dark rocks are fken sharp)

if a watercooler breaks you can have either the passive dissipation of the rad (when fans fail), whatever cooling it provides when the pump dies, or a shower of coolant when a hose snaps.

on top of that with big tower coolers being more silent, thats my choice made...

I know right, I've changed my entire perception on CPU cooling in the last 15 minutes :o

I know right, I've changed my entire perception on CPU cooling in the last 15 minutes :o

a while back (dusty period of the year) my fan filter was entirely clogged up, so i had zero airflow in my system, i popped the top moduvents off my case, temps down to 60°c on a 4790k crunching numbers.

You mean the fan? If the heatpipe was punctured or the majority of the fins were bent severely, it'd be as useful as an AIO showering coolant everywhere

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

You mean the fan? If the heatpipe was punctured or the majority of the fins were bent severely, it'd be as useful as an AIO showering coolant everywhere

but... how would that happen in a realistic scenario?

(PS: whenever shipping a tower cooler, either ship it seperately or brace it)

Idk when i looked at my rad's fins they were kind of mostly bent, however i think it stopped working because of a bad pump. its only been 8 months : (

Idk when i looked at my rad's fins they were kind of mostly bent, however i think it stopped working because of a bad pump. its only been 8 months : (

a friend of mine was praising his aio watercooler when i was picking my parts. by the time my build was assembled he was on his backup stock cooler because his pump turned into a jackhammer randomly.

Enter Hyper 212 Evo!

Enter Cryorig!

Enter Noctua!

Drug induced rage?

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!