5820k water cooling?

Hi, I'm in the process of building a new computer. I don't have much experience and so need some advice. 

I plan on using a 5820k 6-core processor and am wondering whether I need water cooling or if its overkill. If I do go with water cooling, what do you suggest? I've been looking at the corsair h100i GTX or h110i GTX. I've heard they're very noisy and not sure if I like that. I want my PC to be as quiet as possible. 

Hi, I'm in the process of building a new computer. I don't have much experience and so need some advice. 

I plan on using a 5820k 6-core processor and am wondering whether I need water cooling or if its overkill. If I do go with water cooling, what do you suggest? I've been looking at the corsair h100i GTX or h110i GTX. I've heard they're very noisy and not sure if I like that. I want my PC to be as quiet as possible. 

if you want silence, get an aircooler like the Noctua NH-D15 or the Bequiet dark rock pro 3

I've been looking at the corsair h100i GTX or h110i GTX. I've heard they're very noisy and not sure if I like that. I want my PC to be as quiet as possible. 

Well as someone who has experience with the h110i gtx, i say stay the hell away from it. I have 1 in my current rig. if you do water cool get the gt model. If i could rma my h110i gtx i would.

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

The fans Corsair provide are pretty noisy but it's easy enough to swap them out for some quieter ones if you choose.

If you want silence then get the Dark Rock Pro, it's a beast and whisper quiet.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

1. I cannot hear a peep from my H100i GTX. Keep in mind I have two Noctua fans on it in place of the stock Corsair ones.

2. As the software is utter trash for the H100i GTX, I cannot recommend it over something like the H105 or another company's comparable AiO.

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

I have an i7 5820k, used a corsair H110i gt and a swiftech h240x, both made audible pump noise, I like quiet systems, I have a nh d15s single fans ocd to 4.4 at 1.2v with ring bus at 4.4, it's only a couple degrees warmer than the aios I've used, keeps it at around 67 c at full load, also I had replaced all the aios fans with noctua 140mm fans and the pump was still audible

Thanks for all the responses, I think I'll go with the Noctua NH-D15, it's quieter and less risk. I think a water cooler would be overkill and am not sure it will fit so well in my case. 

Thanks for all the responses, I think I'll go with the Noctua NH-D15, it's quieter and less risk. I think a water cooler would be overkill and am not sure it will fit so well in my case.

I got the nh d15s cuz the d15 was too close to the back of the graphics card, the nh d15s is off centered to prevent this from happening, it's only single fan,but includes extra bracket for another fan, but the extra fan needs to be compatible with the bracket

I got the nh d15s cuz the d15 was too close to the back of the graphics card, the nh d15s is off centered to prevent this from happening, it's only single fan,but includes extra bracket for another fan, but the extra fan needs to be compatible with the bracket

Good point, I'm actually having a look at the NH-U14s, looks like a pretty good compact cooler, any thoughts? Linus also recommended this one in his holidays buyer guide so I'm sure it's not too bad  :)