AMD VCE + Dxtory gone with Crimson?

Orvis25

Got a quick question. 

I have not used Dxtory + OBS for a while now to stream, but i want to get back into it for casual game streaming. 

I used to use VCE with dxtory and just then send it to OBS for my streaming (this was back on CCC). Now that i installed AMD Crimson driver, i no longer get the codec to show in dxtory as an option. I installed it like I did back then using the following:

1) installed AMD crimson

2) Install AMD Media SDK,

3) Install  the openencodevfw codec as admin (screen says 3 files successful, i hit key, it exits the CMD installer)

4) Restart

5) run dxtory

6) check to see if it shows up as a select able codex (it does not). 

Anyone have it working with amd Crimson? Or is the VCE support not available on crimson drivers, and only the old CCC sets?

Would be nice if AMD picked up the support for their H.264 coder on their GPU's....

My setup:

Mb - Asus something...

Ram - 16gb

CPU - Fx 8320e

GPU - R9 280 3gb

EDIT:

SOLVED Issue MYSELF AFTER A FEW HOURS OF RESEARCH. 

AMD dropped support for OVE starting with CCC 15.7 and later and instead uses AMF. 

The guy who wrote the OVE codec for dxtory has a test codec now using AMF. So I got it working. 

Whilst i don't have a fix, i have a suggestion. Try OBS instead of Dxtory.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

You could always roll back to an older driver, some people claim it's just a reskinned AMD driver, since Catalyst still appears in the advanced options. MSI Afterburner *though it didn't get updated* claimed that it was running 15.7

i5 4590 @ Stock, XFX R9 290!, HyperX Beast 4x8GB  @1600, 850 EVO 120gb, WD Caviar Blue 1TB, , Asrock H97m Pro 4 , Fractal Design Define R4, Windows 10

You could always roll back to an older driver, some people claim it's just a reskinned AMD driver, since Catalyst still appears in the advanced options. MSI Afterburner *though it didn't get updated* claimed that it was running 15.7

I do not want to though :/ I like the better stability of crimson, and the extra 3 fps i get in most games > :D

Whilst i don't have a fix, i have a suggestion. Try OBS instead of Dxtory.

I heard about OBS supporting like that. but if it had the working codec for the H.264 chip on AMD cards, why do others not? 

Not to mention i like the advanced setup of dxtory better that what OBS offers. That's why i import the render from dxtory (back then) and jsut used OBS to stream)

I do not want to though :/ I like the better stability of crimson, and the extra 3 fps i get in most games > :D

I heard about OBS supporting like that. but if it had the working codec for the H.264 chip on AMD cards, why do others not? 

Not to mention i like the advanced setup of dxtory better that what OBS offers. That's why i import the render from dxtory (back then) and jsut used OBS to stream)

x264 uses your cpu mate. And OBS allows you swap between gpu/cpu encoding.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

x264 uses your cpu mate. And OBS allows you swap between gpu/cpu encoding.

Ey, but i thought AMD GPU's get x264 support via a decoder on the PCB via the VCE. So it is offloaded from the CPU to the decoder on GPU. that is why you can render 1080p while gaming with virtually no FPS hit.

Ey, but i thought AMD GPU's get x264 support via a decoder on the PCB via the VCE. So it is offloaded from the CPU to the decoder on GPU. that is why you can render 1080p while gaming with virtually no FPS hit.

try this

uninstall all amd stuff

reboot

use the gpu driver cleaner to remove anything left over

reboot

reinstall crimson

then try to use OBS to record..make sure you are using the newest VCE version of obs

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

try this

uninstall all amd stuff

reboot

use the gpu driver cleaner to remove anything left over

reboot

reinstall crimson

then try to use OBS to record..make sure you are using the newest VCE version of obs

I currently know it works with the VCE modified OBS, but i want to get it working with Dxtory due to better optimization of a few things. 

I currently know it works with the VCE modified OBS, but i want to get it working with Dxtory due to better optimization of a few things. 

You might have to just settle with OBS or the worse performance, Perhaps Dxtory hasn't come out with an update yet, that is if you're not using a pirated version.

i5 4590 @ Stock, XFX R9 290!, HyperX Beast 4x8GB  @1600, 850 EVO 120gb, WD Caviar Blue 1TB, , Asrock H97m Pro 4 , Fractal Design Define R4, Windows 10

I finally found an answer. AMD dropped support for OVE starting with CCC 15.7 and later and instead uses AMF. 

The guy who wrote the codec for dxtory has a test codec now using AMF. So i got it working. 

• 2 months later...
On 12/10/2015 at 0:00 AM, Orvis25 said:

Got a quick question. 

I have not used Dxtory + OBS for a while now to stream, but i want to get back into it for casual game streaming. 

I used to use VCE with dxtory and just then send it to OBS for my streaming (this was back on CCC). Now that i installed AMD Crimson driver, i no longer get the codec to show in dxtory as an option. I installed it like I did back then using the following:

1) installed AMD crimson

2) Install AMD Media SDK,

3) Install  the openencodevfw codec as admin (screen says 3 files successful, i hit key, it exits the CMD installer)

4) Restart

5) run dxtory

6) check to see if it shows up as a select able codex (it does not). 

Anyone have it working with amd Crimson? Or is the VCE support not available on crimson drivers, and only the old CCC sets?

Would be nice if AMD picked up the support for their H.264 coder on their GPU's....

My setup:

Mb - Asus something...

Ram - 16gb

CPU - Fx 8320e

GPU - R9 280 3gb

EDIT:

SOLVED Issue MYSELF AFTER A FEW HOURS OF RESEARCH. 

AMD dropped support for OVE starting with CCC 15.7 and later and instead uses AMF. 

The guy who wrote the OVE codec for dxtory has a test codec now using AMF. So I got it working. 

what is the new codec of this guy? i cant find it.

• 3 weeks later...

YEA FFS LINK TO THIS CODEC PLEASE

Found it. Knew he's called Jackun so just googled AMF jackun. Here it is https://github.com/jackun/TestAMFVFW