Keyboard issues

Rsundvor

Hi!
I was gaming on my Corsair K70 mechanical keyboard (MX Blue), when i happened to spill a tiny drop of soda at the edge of the keyboard. In about 10-15 minutes, all the keys mutes/unmutes my audio, and starts spotify. I restart the pc to find that I can't type at all, and open up the on screen keyboard. According to it, it seems that the windows and alt keys are being permanently pressed down. If i unplugg the keyboard and restart, it's fine. But if I plug it in, all mayhem is loose again. The strange thing though, is that even after I unplug the keyboard, the PC recognizes that the keys are still being pressed, even if i plug in another keyboad. If i boot with another keyboard it's fine.

EDIT: Used the keyboard on my friends computer, and it worked fine. So it turns out to be software issues. What settings can have changed to fully screw with my system on this keyboard specifically?

Thanks in advance.

Hi!

I was gaming on my Corsair K70 mechanical keyboard (MX Blue), when i happened to spill a tiny drop of soda at the edge of the keyboard. In about 10-15 minutes, all the keys mutes/unmutes my audio, and starts spotify. I restart the pc to find that I can't type at all, and open up the on screen keyboard. According to it, it seems that the windows and alt keys are being permanently pressed down. If i unplugg the keyboard and restart, it's fine. But if I plug it in, all mayhem is loose again. The strange thing though, is that even after I unplug the keyboard, the PC recognizes that the keys are still being pressed, even if i plug in another keyboad. If i boot with another keyboard it's fine.

I do not know if the soda incident had anything to do with this, as I don't even think there was any spillage at all on the keys affected. When i press the keys, they all feel just fine and not sticky what so ever.

Is this a hardware or software issue? I would've been sure it was a hardware issue if the keys didn't stay pressed after the K70 was unplugged.

Thanks in advance.

Have you restarted your computer?

Ariana Grande's Leaked Nudes!!!111!11!

Spoiler

Ayyyyyy

Gaming Rig:     CPU:  i5-4690k  Cooler:  H80i  Mobo:  MSI z97 PC MATE  RAM:  16gb Fury White  Storage:  1TB WD + 120gb Fury SSD  GPU:  GTX 970  Case:  NZXT S340  PSU:  NEX 650W  Keyboard:  K65 RGB  Mouse:  Mionix Naos 7000  Headphones:  ATH-M50x  Monitor:  2x VN248h-P + 1x MG248q  Setup Photo:  (To come)

comprehension 10/10 xdd :D Umm, as for your problem, its probably not a software problem, something with they keyboard, ask for a replacement I guess? 

Have you restarted your computer?

Xeon 1231 v3/ H81m - P33 / 8GB Corsair Vengeance/ GTX 950/ Fractal Design Core 1000.

comprehension 10/10 xdd :D Umm, as for your problem, its probably not a software problem, something with they keyboard, ask for a replacement I guess? 

My K70 and Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 both require 1-2 restarts. (WIth and without keyboard plugged in) to function after a key issue like this. 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

Thanks guys, but for some reason (no idea why) it works perfectly well again :)

Thanks guys, but for some reason (no idea why) it works perfectly well again :)

Liquid probs dried up :D 

Xeon 1231 v3/ H81m - P33 / 8GB Corsair Vengeance/ GTX 950/ Fractal Design Core 1000.