what boot ssd

Tomic
Go to solution Solved by Captain_WD,

~snip~

Hey there Tomic,

A few tips from me on this:
- gaming generally relies on the storage's performance only for the loading times and autosaves. FPS and graphics stay unaffected so using a SSD for gaming would only improve your initial loading time. 
- What RAID type are you planning? Have in mind that striping two SSDs would only improve your sequential read/write speeds and would leave the random ones almost untouched. Most types of usage in your everyday life relies on random speeds rather than sequential so you are not very likely to see huge improvements in your system's speed and performance. Mirroring two SSDs would be a waste as you can configure a continuous backup to a HDD. I would suggest to simply get a single larger one rather than two smaller ones. This should be the most optimal solution. :)

Captain_WD.

hi im looking for a boot ssd im currently using a 1tb sshd for everything on my system what is the best 120 or 250 gb ssd for under £100 (i might get one for steam games aswell)

Thanks in advance Tomic

Red Fury: Cpu intel i5 4960k GPU 1060 6gb, Cooling  noctua dh15 storage 1tb sshd 250gb ssd mobo gigabyte z97p-3 case fractal r4 ram hyper x fury red 8 gb psu 550w xfx ts os win 10 monitor lg 25um56 

I use Crucial's BX100 250GB and it's been pretty solid thus far. It's $85 on Newegg so it should be under £100 if I am to trust Google's direct conversion.

Thanks @Akeax and @Moondrelor i will go for the samsung evo 250 gb and i might get 2 and raid them

Red Fury: Cpu intel i5 4960k GPU 1060 6gb, Cooling  noctua dh15 storage 1tb sshd 250gb ssd mobo gigabyte z97p-3 case fractal r4 ram hyper x fury red 8 gb psu 550w xfx ts os win 10 monitor lg 25um56 

Thanks @Akeax and @Moondrelor i will go for the samsung evo 250 gb and i might get 2 and raid them

Sounds good to me :) Be careful with raiding ssd's though.

~snip~

Hey there Tomic,

A few tips from me on this:
- gaming generally relies on the storage's performance only for the loading times and autosaves. FPS and graphics stay unaffected so using a SSD for gaming would only improve your initial loading time. 
- What RAID type are you planning? Have in mind that striping two SSDs would only improve your sequential read/write speeds and would leave the random ones almost untouched. Most types of usage in your everyday life relies on random speeds rather than sequential so you are not very likely to see huge improvements in your system's speed and performance. Mirroring two SSDs would be a waste as you can configure a continuous backup to a HDD. I would suggest to simply get a single larger one rather than two smaller ones. This should be the most optimal solution. :)

Captain_WD.

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^
WDC Representative, http://www.wdc.com/ 

Thanks @Captain_WD will do that

Tomic