is the Philips 32" LED TV 32PFT4100/12 suitable for gaming?

MagnusGrønstad
Go to solution Solved by ShadowCaptain,

I see your point. I'm not gonna give two shits anout lag after seeing my reaction time. thanks xD

Not quite relevant as your eyes interpret data  much faster than a muscle can respond, though he has a point, unless you are a competitive gamer it doenst matter that much

Then again if you read TFT Central you will see that anything over 16ms of lag (input lag + signal processing = total lag) means that on a  60fps videogame you are losing 1-2 frames every second

so you want sub 16ms total - and you can see from their reviews that monitors with say 4.2ms of input lag, might have 8.4ms total lag time - so the numbers are hard to look at in that way

Anyway :D

As I say, from a normal monitor distance

1080p = 19-24" max

1440p = 27-30"

4k = 30"+

and then just get the best monitor you can afford, low input lag, IPS, 144hz, Gsync - whatever features you want and can afford

Hope that helps :D

I'm thinking of buying the 

Philips 32" LED TV 32PFT4100/12 and I'm not sure wether it's suitable for gaming on my pc.
so, does anyone know how big the input lag is on this thing? I'm not very sensitive when it comes to input lag (I can't tell the difference between 20ms and 1ms). 

the reason I'm thinking about this tv instead of a monitor is quite simple; I want the larger screen, I want the speakers, and I don't have much money (290£ to be exact)

(link to the tv in a norwegian online shop: https://www.komplett.no/product/841589/lyd-bilde/tv/tv-er/philips-32-led-tv-32pft410012# )

32" 1080p is absolutely horrible, dont even bother

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Philips 32" LED TV 32PFT4100/12 and I'm not sure wether it's suitable for gaming on my pc.

so, does anyone know how big the input lag is on this thing? I'm not very sensitive when it comes to input lag (I can't tell the difference between 20ms and 1ms). 

the reason I'm thinking about this tv instead of a monitor is quite simple; I want the larger screen, I want the speakers, and I don't have much money (290£ to be exact)

(link to the tv in a norwegian online shop: https://www.komplett.no/product/841589/lyd-bilde/tv/tv-er/philips-32-led-tv-32pft410012# )

How far away are you going to be watching from? 32 inches 1080p is not great if your're gaming up close.

My Build: Phoenix

Processor: Intel i7 4770k, Motherboard: Asus Z97-P RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB GPU: MSI GTX 1050TI OC Case: Corsair ICUE 4000X, Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB + 500GB + 2TB HDD PSU: Corsair RM750, Cooling: Corsair H100i Capellix, 

If you want to talk to me or give me an answer, please tag me otherwise you'll be talking to thin air ❤️

Every flat screen TV I've encountered has had poor input lag. (enough to make games much harder to play)

Assuming you're using the TV as a monitor (meaning sitting up close) I'd strongly recommend that 23-24 inches is the largest you should go for 1080p.

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

How far away are you going to be watching from? 32 inches 1080p is not great if your're gaming up close.

about 2m. but I will also sit further back. hmmm maybe I'll go for a 27 inch? but the question was about input lag.

about 2m. but I will also sit further back. hmmm maybe I'll go for a 27 inch? but the question was about input lag.

Take this and come back to me if you're still worried about input lag, http://www.humanbenchmark.com/tests/reactiontime

Processor: Intel i7 4770k, Motherboard: Asus Z97-P RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB GPU: MSI GTX 1050TI OC Case: Corsair ICUE 4000X, Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB + 500GB + 2TB HDD PSU: Corsair RM750, Cooling: Corsair H100i Capellix, 

If you want to talk to me or give me an answer, please tag me otherwise you'll be talking to thin air ❤️

Every flat screen TV I've encountered has had poor input lag. (enough to make games much harder to play)

Assuming you're using the TV as a monitor (meaning sitting up close) I'd strongly recommend that 23-24 inches is the largest you should go for 1080p.

alright then, I think I'm just gonna get a 27" or a second 24". but thanks!

32" 1080p is absolutely horrible, dont even bother

the question was about input lag, not if the resolution is good or not.

the question was about input lag, not if the resolution is good or not.

So? you might say "how fast would I fall out of a plane without a parachute" I would still tell you its not a good idea

Input lag on TVs is generally not great as they are designed to be view from a long distance, and for processing slow moving images, 24p movies, 30fps console games etc

SOME TVs have a low latency PC mode - but not all

Still, id advise 1440p for a 27-30" sized monitor and 4k above that if you want something close to the sharpness of 1080p on a standard monitor

If you are going to be couch distance, then a TV is fine

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

So? you might say "how fast would I fall out of a plane without a parachute" I would still tell you its not a good idea

Input lag on TVs is generally not great as they are designed to be view from a long distance, and for processing slow moving images, 24p movies, 30fps console games etc

SOME TVs have a low latency PC mode - but not all

Still, id advise 1440p for a 27-30" sized monitor and 4k above that if you want something close to the sharpness of 1080p on a standard monitor

If you are going to be couch distance, then a TV is fine

thank you for the proper response. I'd forgotten that 1440p was even an option (I'm used to having very low-end hardware.). again thank you and have a good day

I see your point. I'm not gonna give two shits anout lag after seeing my reaction time. thanks xD

No problem :)

Not quite relevant as your eyes interpret data  much faster than a muscle can respond, though he has a point, unless you are a competitive gamer it doenst matter that much

Then again if you read TFT Central you will see that anything over 16ms of lag (input lag + signal processing = total lag) means that on a  60fps videogame you are losing 1-2 frames every second

so you want sub 16ms total - and you can see from their reviews that monitors with say 4.2ms of input lag, might have 8.4ms total lag time - so the numbers are hard to look at in that way

1080p = 19-24" max

1440p = 27-30"

4k = 30"+

and then just get the best monitor you can afford, low input lag, IPS, 144hz, Gsync - whatever features you want and can afford

1080p = 19-24" max

1440p = 27-30"

4k = 30"+

this helps a lot. thank you so much :D